If add to apple compote sea buckthorn, an amazing drink with a taste reminiscent of pineapple. Sea buckthorn berries give the drink not only a more piquant, pronounced and refreshing taste, but also an incomparable aroma. Stewed apples and sea buckthorn with cinnamon It will also help to cope with colds, problems with the cardiovascular system, because, as you know, these berries and fruits have valuable vitamins and minerals. This number of reasons can serve as an incentive, use a home-made recipe and prepare a few jars of this healthy drink. I suggest using cinnamon and mint as desired, but without them, the compote is very rich, tasty and aromatic. And apples can be replaced with pears or plums. Stewed apples and sea buckthorn for the winter on a 3 liter jar recipe with photos step by step is located below.
Ingredients for making compote from apples and sea buckthorn
|The apples||400 g|
|Sea buckthorn||200 g|
Step by step cooking compote from apples and sea buckthorn and mint with photo
- Rinse the apples, cut into several pieces, remove the core.
- Separate all the berries from the branches, rinse well, you can use a sieve.
- A clean, 3 liter jar, fill with apples and sea buckthorn.
- Pour boiling water to the top, cover and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Prepare cinnamon and mint.
- Pour the syrup into the pan, add sugar, a stick of cinnamon and a sprig of mint. Sugar comes from the calculation of 200 gr. 1 liter of water, but you can and a little less. Bring to a boil, cinnamon and mint can be removed from the syrup. Pour the jar of apples and sea buckthorn in boiling syrup and roll it up immediately.
- Delicious apple and sea buckthorn compote is ready. Wrap for 5-6 hours, and then put in a dark place for storage.
Stewed apples and sea buckthorn are served with sweet pastries. It is also useful to drink in large quantities for colds. Enjoy your meal!