Sauerkraut with mushrooms It can be served not only as an appetizer for side dishes and main dishes, but from it itself an excellent side dish is obtained. Sauerkraut when stewing acquires a softer and more delicate taste, although spicy sourness persists. This simple, vegetarian dish perfectly saturates the body. I really like the homemade recipe for this dish and it never bothers. In addition to mushrooms, you can add any meat to the dish. And if after lunch you have a little braised cabbage with mushrooms, you can use it as a filling for a pie, delicious cabbage pies or boil cabbage. So, harvesting of sauerkraut can be useful on the farm for cooking various dishes. And about how to cook stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms step by step with photo See our detailed recipe.
Ingredients for Stewing Sauerkraut with Mushrooms
|Bay leaf||1 PC|
|Vegetable oil||30 ml|
|Sugar (optional)||1 tsp|
Step-by-step cooking with stewed cabbage photo with mushrooms
- Before stewing, sauerkraut should be slightly washed with cold water and squeezed from excess moisture.
- Dice the onions.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into slices. Instead of mushrooms, you can use any other mushrooms, fresh or frozen.
- Preheat the pan with vegetable oil and fry chopped onions in it until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and simmer everything together for about 4-5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add sauerkraut to the mushrooms, mix well and simmer under the lid for about 20-30 minutes. Do not forget to stir the cabbage.
- 5 minutes before cooking, salt, pepper, add bay leaf for flavor. Try it if everything suits you, remove from heat.
Stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms is served as an independent dish or as a side dish for meat dishes. Enjoy your meal!