I can say with confidence that you have not tried such delicious eggplant. Stuffed pickled fermented eggplants and moderately sharp. Great snack, I want to tell you. It will look great on the festive table, it will surprise and delight all guests.
- Eggplant - 2.3 kilograms;
- carrot - 0.5 kilograms;
- parsley root - 100 grams;
- onions - 100 grams;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- parsley - 20 grams;
- salt - 40 grams;
- celery leaf - 50 grams;
- sunflower oil - 100 grams.
Step by step recipe for sauerkraut stuffed
- Wash the eggplants well and remove the stalks. In each eggplant, make a cut along the length, departing from the ends of 2-3 centimeters.
- Then boil the eggplant in water, into which salt is poured (30 grams per 1 liter of water). Cook until half cooked for 30-40 minutes. The blunt end with a little effort should pierce them.
- Remove the eggplant from the pan, lay it on an inclined board, press the eggplant with a load so that the excess water drains and cools.
- Next, you need to cook the stuffing. Peel the carrots and parsley root and cut into slices 1 cm long. Cut the peeled onions into slices, then fry in oil until golden brown.
- Grind greens. Stew chopped carrots, parsley root and greens in sunflower oil until half-cooked, mix with fried onions. Add 40 grams of salt per kilogram of minced meat, and finely chopped garlic. Stuffed eggplant with minced meat through a slot.
- Then tie the eggplant with a celery leaf or thread. And put it tightly in jars.
- Bandage the neck of the jar with clean gauze. On day 3, pour the jars heated to boiling and chilled with sunflower oil, a layer of one or two centimeters and cover with nylon covers.
Due to the fact that sauerkraut stuffed eggplants do not sterilize, they must be stored in a cool room, at a temperature not higher than 8-10 and not lower than 0 ° С. The shelf life of such eggplant is from 5 to 6 months.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!