And this is a recipe for those who like to cook original simple dishes and make a holiday even with an ordinary dinner. Stuffed cabbage is unusual, beautiful and how delicious! I cooked it for my son’s birthday - the guests were delighted.
- head of cabbage - 1-1.5 kilograms;
- minced pork or pork, beef - 500 grams;
- onion - 1 piece;
- rice - 75-100 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- sour cream - 2-3 tablespoons;
- breadcrumbs - 2 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Stuffed cabbage. Step by step recipe
- Wash the cabbage and remove the stalk (try to carefully cut so as not to grab the excess, and it has not split up).
- Boil in salted water for approximately 25-30 minutes until tender. Remove and cool.
- Prepare the filling: mix the minced meat, boiled rice, onions, twisted into a meat grinder or finely chopped, eggs, salt, pepper.
- Open each leaf individually. Cabbage will turn out as a blossoming flower.
- Cut the middle of this flower, which is not boiled.
- In the middle, put some minced meat and cover with leaves; then put the minced meat on top again and cover it with leaves, as if we were picking a flower into a bud. Thus, alternating the filling and cabbage, we collect the whole head of cabbage. The last layer will be the leaves, they should tightly cover our creation. Better let them be a double layer.
- Sprinkle the cabbage with sunflower oil, wrap in foil and put in the oven for 35-40 minutes, at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- We unfold the foil, grease the head with sour cream and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. You can sprinkle seasoning with herbs if you like. Again we send the already opened cabbage to the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let stand for another 5-10 minutes.
Stuffed cabbage is a great alternative to cabbage rolls, but it looks like a real cake! You can serve with sour cream, and I love with a light mustard-sour cream sauce. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking instant pickled cabbage and quick pickled cabbage.