Stuffed eggplants baked in the oven on the festive table look original and very beautiful. Believe me, eggplants stuffed with meat are not ashamed to serve. And the guests will say: “Wow, yummy!” Be sure to cook and surprise your near and dear ones. I definitely succeeded! The pleasant aroma of Bechamel sauce and a touch of garlic will drive even the most avid gourmets crazy.
Stuffed eggplant with cheese and garlic always attract attention and disappear at the very beginning of the feast. The eggplant dish is easy to prepare and has amazing taste.
- minced pork and beef - 500 grams;
- eggplant - 4 pieces;
- red bell pepper - 1 piece;
- one large onion;
- garlic - 1 head;
- ground black pepper;
- ground red pepper (paprika);
- salt to taste;
- grated cheese - 200 grams;
- Bechamel sauce.
Stuffed eggplant baked in the oven. Step by step recipe
- Initially, let's prepare the eggplant. To do this, wash the eggplants well and cut them in half. From each half remove all the flesh.
In order not to damage the eggplant skin and remove the pulp correctly, you need to: make small cuts along the skin, then cut it into the depth (try not to pierce it through) and obliquely (as if cutting into squares), and then with the help of a large spoon, carefully remove the pulp. And so do with each eggplant.
- Halve the eggplant without pulp to taste and put it in a plate, turning it downside down to allow excess liquid to drain
- The pulp that was taken out is finely chopped with a knife.
- Move the chopped pulp into a separate container, salt to taste and mix well.
- Then, using a disposable napkin, blot the eggplant and remove the juice that they isolated.
- Since we will bake the eggplant dish in the oven, we heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Halves of eggplant, without filling, place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- We clean one large onion, wash it and cut it into medium-sized pieces.
In order not to shed tears, slicing the onion, you need to cool the onion in the freezer. Sometimes just dipping a knife in cold water is enough.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a large skillet (cauldron), shift the chopped onion and fry it a little.
- At this time, we cut the sweet pepper into small cubes.
- Add chopped bell pepper to the onion in a frying pan and stir.
- Finely chop the garlic (with the recipe) using a knife and dip it in a pan with pepper and onion.
- When the vegetables are a little stewed, add the prepared minced meat, salt and pepper to taste and mix everything very well to get a homogeneous mass with vegetables.
- When the minced meat is a little fried and there will be no bloody color - add the flesh of eggplant. Stir occasionally, fry the filling for 10-15 minutes.
Finished filling will decrease in size because the eggplant in the filling is fried.
- Soft, but still raw eggplant, fill with meat filling (stuffed), pour a spoonful of Bechamel sauce on each eggplant and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- We send a baking sheet with stuffed eggplants into a preheated oven to 190 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving, stuffed eggplant, if desired, can be decorated with a sprig of fresh herbs.
Stuffed eggplant with cheese and garlic, baked in the oven, incredibly tasty and tender. No one can resist such a dish.
“I love to cook” wishes you a pleasant time spending with your family and friends. Cook with us!