Stunningly soft, airy and lush pies with an unusually juicy filling of green onions and eggs - this is just a jumble. You can cook pies according to this recipe not only in the oven, but also fry in a pan. Ruddy homemade pies, awesomely delicious - like my grandmother's, as in childhood - will appeal to everyone. Moreover, spring is in full swing on the street, which means there will be no problems with fresh green onions - it's time to make fragrant spring cakes with onions and eggs.
- 0.5 liters of kefir;
- one kilogram of flour (approximately);
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 12 grams of dry yeast;
- 0.3 cups of vegetable oil.
- 8-9 chicken eggs;
- 200 grams of green onions;
- 50 grams of butter;
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt;
- 0.3 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Stunning pies with green onions and eggs. Step by step recipe
- Pour kefir at room temperature into a deep bowl (allowed to be replaced with warm milk and water), pour a bag of dry yeast (12 grams), distribute on the surface of the liquid. We wait until the yeast swells. You can replace with fresh yeast - they need to take 30 grams.
- Tip. Kefir can not be heated on fire, as it can curl up. It is better to get it in advance from the refrigerator and allow time to warm to room temperature.
- Sift about a kilogram of flour into a deep bowl for the dough (approximately, because the flour is different for everyone).
- Tip. Sifting flour for baking is mandatory: so the baking will be lush, because when sifting the flour is saturated with air.
- Tip. If there is no way to weigh the products, you can use a 250 gram glass. For 2 cups of kefir (500 grams) you will need 4 cups of flour.
- Add sugar and salt to the dishes with kefir and yeast, mix with a spoon.
- We begin to add flour to our liquid, in parts: because the flour can leave both more and less. Stir first with a spoon, and then, when it begins to lag behind the walls of the dishes, with your hands. Add flour as needed.
- Kneading continues on the table: the dough becomes softer and begins to stick to the hands. Lubricate it periodically with vegetable refined oil (it can take from 3 tablespoons to a third of a glass). The longer you knead the dough, the tastier the pastries will be. If necessary, sprinkle flour on the table and the dough (in a tablespoon).
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a napkin or a clean towel, and leave it warm for at least one hour.
- While the dough is coming, we are preparing the filling. Cook the eggs (it took me eight) with the addition of salt, so as not to crack, for about 10 minutes (they should be hard boiled). Cool in cold water and peel.
- We wash a large bunch of onions and several branches of dill (I like its smell in the filling), let them dry and cut.
- In a bowl with onions, put a piece of warm butter (heat in the microwave for 20 seconds), for the juiciness of the filling.
- Add salt and pepper to the filling. We send the eggs diced there.
- Mix the filling well, try and add salt if necessary.
- If the dough has increased in volume by 3-4 times, it is ready to go. If your test didn’t have enough hours to rise, let it stand still.
- We shift the dough onto the table, sprinkled with flour, and crush it a little.
- We pluck off a piece of dough (the size of an egg), roll it into a ball and put it on the table (it turns out on average 30 pies).
- We grease the baking sheet with oil, turn on the oven, and begin to sculpt homemade pies.
- We form the cake with our hands and roll it out slightly (at least 0.5 cm thick), do not press the rolling pin very much, the dough does not like this: it is necessary that there are air bubbles.
- We spread the filling and pinch the pie with onions and eggs.
- We spread the finished pies with onions and eggs on a baking sheet: seam down. Between the pies we leave free space (about a centimeter), as they still rise.
- We break 2 eggs into a bowl, mix with a fork, and grease all the pies with a silicone brush (after they stand for 15 minutes on the proofing).
- Bake in a preheated oven until the crust is browned.
- Put the prepared pies with onions and eggs on a large dish, let cool slightly, and serve.
The dough is universal: you can bake pies and pies with any filling (and with sweet too), rolls and loaves, white bread. Warm cakes with milk, cold cakes with hot sweet tea: what could be tastier than such a snack? Cook with the site “Delicious”: enjoy and meet spring with us.