Today I bring to your attention a recipe for Tartar sauce prepared at home. This famous French sauce has similarities with mayonnaise, but still it is more interesting because it contains more ingredients. Its taste is mildly sharp, has a slight acidity, and the uniform texture still has solid flavoring accents: in the form of pickled cucumbers.
- green onion - 2 pieces;
- parsley - 3 branches;
- cucumbers (gherkins) - 2-3 pieces;
- vegetable oil - 100 milliliters;
- egg yolk - 1 piece;
- mustard - 1 tablespoon;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- salt to taste.
Tartar sauce at home. Step by step recipe
- We only separate young green leaves from parsley branches: we do not use stems.
- Coarsely chop green onion feathers.
- Cut the gherkins. To prepare the sauce, it is better to use pickled cucumbers, not salted: they are more tender, have a pleasant sweet and sour aftertaste.
- Greens and cucumbers gherkins are placed in a deep bowl of a blender. We send the yolk from the egg there. You can use chicken and quail eggs.
- Add a tablespoon of mustard and freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little salt and season everything with black pepper.
- At the end, pour oil into the bowl. You can use extra virgin olive oil, you can use sunflower. It is better to take refined oil for Tartar sauce. In general, you can use that type of vegetable oil, which will then be ideally combined with the main dish to which this sauce is served: for example, corn or peanut.
- Whip all the components of the sauce with cucumbers and herbs with a blender. At very fast speeds.
- Ready-made sauce, cooked at home, becomes white and thick. It has a delicate texture and a pleasant taste.
- Tip. To prepare this famous sauce, you can add a little mustard in the grains - “Dijon”: when it gets on the tooth, you will feel its pleasant taste and a little “explosion”. Cucumbers can also be distinguished in sauce: that is, they do not have to be beaten in a blender, but can be added at the end, finely chopped with a knife.
- If desired, aromatic dry herbs can be added to the Tartar sauce: for example, tarragon. Pickled capers are in the original gherkin sauce recipe. Also, in the original, hard-boiled yolks are added to this sauce.
- For a piquant taste, you can add a little chopped garlic or dried granulated here: it is slightly more tender than fresh cloves of garlic.
- Olives, which can also be finely chopped for our sauce, give a special flavor to the sauce.
- Partially, green onions can be replaced with onions and even chives: very finely chopped, but still giving the sauce a characteristic crunch.
- Some housewives add a little thick sour cream to this sauce: it makes the taste of the sauce softer.
- Usually they serve Tartar sauce in a separate gravy boat. It is not customary to water dishes with this sauce.
- Under the same name "tartar" there is another dish - finely chopped and seasoned meat, fish, vegetables or fruits. The main feature of such a dish is that tartare is necessarily served raw.
Tartar sauce perfectly complements fish, helps to reveal the taste of seafood and goes well with meat dishes and poultry. Often it can be found as an addition to sandwiches and sandwiches. It is great for making canapes. Visit our website “I love to cook”: and you will learn how to cook a variety of sauces, learn how to serve them and with what dishes.