Today, “I love to cook” invites you to try a salad with chicken and pineapple. Very tasty and beautiful salad, which I recently came across on the Internet and decided to cook. The salad turned out to be insanely appetizing. And most importantly, in this dish - low calorie foods from which this masterpiece is created. A delicious salad with pineapple and chicken is perfect for those who follow their figure, but at the same time love to eat deliciously.
- chicken breast - 1 piece (approximately 200 grams);
- canned pineapple - 200 grams;
- hard cheese - 100-150 grams;
- walnuts to taste;
- boiled eggs - 3 pieces;
- mayonnaise - 150 grams;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- half a cucumber;
- lettuce leaves.
Tasty and beautiful chicken salad with pineapple. Step by step recipe
First you need to decide whether you will boil the chicken or bake in the oven. We will tell you the recipe for making salad in two versions, and you yourself decide which one suits you best. I draw your attention to the fact that there is absolutely no difference in baked or boiled chicken breast. Salad in any case turns out to be tasty and tender.
If you decide to make a salad with boiled breast.
- We wash the chicken breast with water and place in the dishes, where we will cook.
- If you bought frozen meat, then before you put the boil, you need to defrost it. You can do this with a cold water bowl or in the microwave.
- Pour the breast into the water so that the water completely covers the meat.
- Tip: so that the chicken breast is cooked faster, it can be cut into pieces. In this case, the inside will also boil perfectly.
- Bring the water to a boil, make a small fire and cover it with a lid.
- Cook until we see that the inside has lost its pink color.
- Cooking time depends on the size of the breast. If the breast is with bones and skin, then you need to cook for 30 minutes. If without them, cook for 25 minutes. But if you cut it, then 15 minutes will be enough.
- Drain and place the breast on a plate to allow it to cool. The finished breast is easily broken by hands, and the meat on it is white.
If you decide to bake the breast.
- Rinse the chicken breast thoroughly.
- Season the chicken with various spices to your liking.
- Attention: this item is done only if you just want to eat baked chicken. If you bake the breast for salad, then you can not add spices.
- Place food foil on a baking sheet. If there is no foil, then you can simply grease the form with edible grease.
- Place the breast on a baking sheet and set to bake. When the chicken juice becomes clear - our breast is ready. Without a bone, bake the breast at a temperature of 160-180 degrees for about 30 minutes. If the breast is with a bone, then bake at the same temperature for 35-45 minutes.
- We leave the finished breast for a few more minutes in the oven, and then we take it out and cool it.
- You can check the readiness in this way: make a small incision in the chicken fillet. If the meat is pink or gray, then our dish is not yet ready.
Now that the breast is ready, let's proceed to the main recipe of our very tasty and beautiful salad with pineapple and chicken.
- We put the eggs in a saucepan with water and cook for 10 minutes to get a cool egg.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and leave in a separate bowl.
- Peel the cucumber, cut the half of the cucumber into small cubes and put it in a bowl, where we will mix all the ingredients.
- Tip: you can replace fresh cucumber with bell pepper.
- Cool the finished chicken breast, cut into small cubes and send to the cucumber.
- Finely chop a few cloves of garlic, add to the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- We clean walnuts and also finely chop with a knife.
- You can make a salad without walnuts. Everything, again, depends on your taste preferences. It’s just that the nut goes well with all the other ingredients and, as a result, a very interesting taste is obtained.
- The cooled eggs are peeled and cut into small cubes, sent to a common bowl.
- We take pineapples from a jar and cut into small cubes.
- If the pineapples in the jar are already cut, then you still need to chop them again into cubes. After all, as you noticed, all the ingredients in the salad should be chopped very finely.
- Pour pre-grated cheese on top.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Since cheese and mayonnaise are quite salty, you can not add salt at all. But here it all depends on how you love and are used to eating.
- Mix everything carefully.
- On a separate plate we lay out clean lettuce leaves, and gently pour the finished classic salad with pineapples and chicken on top.
If you like mushrooms, then canned champignons can be added to the main classic recipe. They must also be cut into small cubes and added to the main ingredients. The classic salad recipe with pineapple and chicken is even more intense and beautiful with the addition of champignons.
That's all. A beautiful pineapple and chicken salad can be served at the festive table or just enjoy it at a family dinner. It is prepared very easily, but it turns out incredibly tasty. Try and surprise loved ones. Enjoy your meal!