A simple Turkish snack - a delicious carrot with walnuts, cooked in a matter of minutes. It may seem extremely simple and banal to you. But as time shows, this is a very popular salad salad in Turkey today. Cooking carrots takes very little time. As a result, you will get a healthy dish with a lot of vitamins and minerals: it can be wonderfully decorated and served on the festive table. The dish is light and very tasty.
- fresh carrots - 5 medium pieces (1 kilogram);
- onions - 1 medium piece;
- natural yogurt (you can sour cream) - 5-6 tablespoons;
- chopped walnuts - 1 tablespoon;
- parsley - a small bunch;
- dill - 2-3 branches;
- vegetable oil for frying - 2 tablespoons;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- spices: salt, pepper, paprika, hot red - to your taste
Tasty carrots with walnuts. Step by step recipe
- We need to prepare onions and carrots. Cut the onion into small cubes, then rub on the coarse grater all the pre-peeled carrots.
- In a deep pan, pour about two tablespoons of sunflower oil. The classic recipe uses olive oil. Therefore, if you really like its aroma and you have it - add it instead of sunflower.
- First, lightly passer the onion: stirring it with a spatula, bring to a golden color. Then add all the grated carrots and fry over low heat. You need to fry until the carrots are soft.
- When the carrots become smaller in volume, it needs to be salt and pepper with different sweet and hot peppers to your taste. Also, if desired, you can add a little garlic. He will only add spice to the dish.
- Stew until tender, mix. When the carrots are cooked, we cool it.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the parsley and walnuts. Nuts can be crushed either finely or not finely - it depends on your desire.
- We put the cooled carrots in a salad bowl. Add chopped parsley and chopped walnuts to it. And, as a dressing, add 5 tablespoons of classic yogurt, not sweet. All mix well.
- In order to properly arrange the serving, we will need to prepare another flat dish. We put the whole salad on it. Sprinkle on top with pepper again and lay out the branches of dill.
- Delicious Turkish salad is ready. It will decorate as a festive table, and great for dinner with your family.
Serve it completely cooled, since we use natural yogurt as a sauce. “I love cooking” wishes you delicious Turkish cuisine: cook with us - and you will succeed. Enjoy your meal!