A delicious salad with fresh cabbage is a wonderful everyday dish, an addition to any meat, fish and vegetable dishes. Fresh crisp cabbage, bright carrots, juicy sweet peppers and enveloping sweet and sour dressing. An interesting piquancy to the dish gives garlic. Make a salad according to my recipe and it will become your favorite guest on the daily table.
- white cabbage - 0.5 kilograms;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 teaspoon;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- carrots - 1 piece (medium size);
- Bulgarian sweet pepper - 0.5 pieces
- parsley to taste;
- red dry sweet paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- table vinegar 9% - 1 teaspoon;
- cold water - 2 teaspoons;
- vegetable oil - 80 milliliters;
Tasty salad with fresh cabbage. Step by step recipe
- First you need to chop finely cabbage. You can do this with a special grater, or you can use a knife.
- Salt cabbage, season with granulated sugar and mix well.
- Tip. If you are preparing a salad with fresh cabbage in winter or autumn, then you need to crush the cabbage a little with your hands: in order to make it softer and let the juice flow. Since late varieties of cabbage, which ripen closer to the cold season, have a harder structure and stiff fibers - they require a little mechanical processing.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop it with a knife. For coleslaw, it is better to chop the garlic, do not squeeze through the garlic. Alternatively, you can use a teaspoon of garlic powder or granular dried garlic.
- Wash carrots, peel and grate with large holes.
- Red sweet bell peppers peeled from seeds and stalk, cut into thin strips.
- Mix cabbage, garlic, carrots and bell peppers.
- Add chopped parsley. Parsley leaves and stems contain a lot of vitamin C: even more than lemons - therefore, adding greens to salads is not only tasty, beautiful, but also very useful.
- We are preparing dressing for our fresh cabbage salad. To do this, pour dry powder of sweet paprika into a small bowl, add a few teaspoons of water and a teaspoon of 9% table vinegar.
- Tip. In salads, you can use balsamic or wine vinegar.
- Pour dressing into a bowl with fresh vegetables: you can slightly crush with black pepper and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- We heat the vegetable oil to a hot state and fill our salad with fresh cabbage and carrots with hot oil. Hot oil will make cabbage softer, and help the spices better reveal their taste and soak in vegetables.
- We mix all the components of a fresh salad with cabbage so that the dressing envelops every piece of vegetables, and cover with a lid.
- We send the white cabbage salad to the cold and give about an hour to it to insist, and all the vegetables “make friends”.
- The same salad can be prepared not only with white cabbage, but also with other types of cabbage: for example, Peking. To a salad of fresh cabbage, you can add a little onion, root and celery stalks, parsnip. Each new ingredient will add a new flavor to the traditional salad recipe.
- Wonderful is a salad of blue cabbage. For it, you need to finely chop the blue (red) cabbage, rub it a little in your hands to make it softer, add the blue (purple salad onion) onion, cut into half rings. Onions for our cabbage salad, you can use any, but the blue onions are not so sharp, they are juicy and also suitable in color. Cut into thin strips about 100-150 grams of smoked sausage. You can take the sausage that you like best.
- Salad, a little pepper. Add canned green peas and season the salad with mayonnaise and sour cream: in a one to one ratio. We transfer the ready-made salad from fresh cabbage to a salad bowl and serve it to the table. This salad turns out to be very beautiful, nutritious and delicious.
If possible, fresh vegetable salads should be on the table every day. Of course, these should be seasonal vegetables - since they contain a large amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber. And how to quickly and tasty cook a healthy dish, find out from our site "I love to cook."