A delicious tomato and nut sauce for the winter is tender and piquant, with a fragrant taste, and most importantly - healthy for the body. I want to offer you such an option. It is prepared as simple as possible. Quite refined in taste, it can be served with boiled vegetables, meat, chicken, pasta, or you can just spread it on bread and eat it like a sandwich. The ways to use this miracle are huge. Try and see - it’s delicious! I want to note that in the preparation of the sauce it is better to use light nuts, they are the freshest.
- tomatoes - 2 kilograms;
- sweet pepper - 2 kilograms;
- garlic - 1 cup;
- peeled walnuts - 0.5 cup;
- hot pepper - 1.5 pieces;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- hops-suneli - 1 tablespoon;
- cumin - 1 tablespoon;
- coriander - 1 tablespoon;
- a mixture of Provencal herbs - 1 tablespoon.
Tasty tomato and nut sauce for the winter. Step by step recipe
- Cut tomatoes, sweet pepper into 4 parts and pass through a meat grinder.
- Walnuts, garlic and hot peppers should also be twisted or chopped in a blender.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot or bowl in which you will cook the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for an hour. The consistency should be the same as that of thick kefir, you can add a cup of water, periodically stirring with a spoon.
- After an hour, add salt and sugar, then a tablespoon of the above herbs. Boil everything with herbs for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce hot in sterilized jars and roll up, turn over and leave to cool.
After a month, jars of spicy sauce can be opened. I think you will like its dietary, piquant - buttery taste. “I love to cook” wishes you healthy and tasty preparations. We also offer an amazing recipe for tomato ketchup for the winter and a tomato recipe with horseradish for the winter.