Well look, what a gorgeous festive appetizer "Carrots"! From the mere sight of salivating, the hand itself reaches out to try! I always believed that everything ingenious has long been invented. But then these "Carrots" appeared, which drove me crazy with pleasure! The second week I cook them at home every day, and every day they fly away, like the first time! Although the appetizer is very beautiful and festive, it is very easy to prepare and budget enough, so you can almost always afford it! Therefore, join in and together with “Very Delicious”, for a family dinner, we will set up a festive table and be sure to serve the best Carrot appetizer!
- butter (or margarine) - 70 grams;
- tomato paste - 60 grams (this is 1.5 tablespoons);
- flour - 140 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- fat sour cream - 80 milliliters;
- ground dry paprika - 1 teaspoon.
For egg and cheese fillings:
- mayonnaise - 3-4 teaspoons;
- hard cheese - 50 grams;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- salt - a pinch;
- parsley for decoration.
For liver fillings:
- chicken liver - 250 grams;
- carrots - 100 grams;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- butter - 30-50 grams;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
The best appetizer for the festive table "Carrots". Step by step recipe
- Combine sour cream, tomato paste and mix well.
- Separately, combine the softened butter and dry ingredients (sifted flour, salt, ground paprika), slightly grind everything with your hands.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the flour mass and knead the dough. It should turn out to be very soft, but not too liquid. If you feel that the dough is too thin, add some more flour. This is due to the fact that everyone has a different flour and sour cream consistency.
- We wrap the dough with cling film and send it to the refrigerator for 2 hours to freeze it.
- Sprinkle the working surface with flour and roll out the dough 3-4 mm thick. During rolling, we try to give the dough a rectangular or square shape.
- Cut the dough into long strips with a width of 1.5-2 centimeters. And the length of the strip should be approximately 20 centimeters.
- On pastry cones we wind spiral strips of dough, starting approximately from the middle of the cone. And put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- We bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees, at an average level.
- Step-by-step preparation of egg-cheese filling: boil the hard boiled eggs (from the moment of boiling, cook for 10 minutes). After the eggs have been removed from the stove, immediately transfer to cold water. This is so that during cleaning, the shell is easily separated from the egg white.
- Cut the boiled eggs into cubes and grind with a fork. Pass the garlic through the garlic or rub it and add to the eggs.
- We grate hard cheese on a fine grater. Also, instead of hard, you can use processed cheese like "Friendship".
- Combine cheese with chopped egg. Add salt, mayonnaise and knead well. For the children's version of the Carrot appetizer, replace the mayonnaise with natural yogurt, and garlic can be eliminated.
- Step-by-step preparation of liver fillings: we wash the chicken liver well, salt and fry over medium heat in vegetable oil. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Readiness is determined by cutting a piece of the liver: if there is no red juice, then everything is ready. Please note: the longer we fry, the liver becomes tougher, so do not overdo it!
- Rub the carrots on a fine grater, and squeeze the garlic a little by pressing the flat side of the knife.
- We heat the pan with a mixture of vegetable and 10-15 grams of butter, throw the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes over medium heat so that it gives its flavor to the oil. We get it and throw the grated carrots, reduce the heat and simmer until soft.
- Beat liver and carrots on a blender. This can be done while they are still hot. And when the mass has cooled, add the remaining softened butter and beat well again. We try, add salt if necessary.
- Fill the cooled tubes with filling and decorate with parsley branches in the form of tops.
Even the rabbit will envy such the best snack! Festive "Carrots" turned out to be very original, believable and to taste - just stunned! The dough is crispy, similar to puff, and inside is delicious, tender filling. Such a simple and very simple snack can be prepared for friendly gatherings, for a children's holiday and even for the New Year. So be sure to bookmark this best recipe on the Very Delicious website! And we wish you a good mood and bon appetit!