I love cottage cheese and try to cook something new and original with them every time: for example, delicious cakes with cottage cheese. This is a simple and quick to prepare dish, but also very economical in terms of money. You can feed a company of 5-6 people to the full amount of products that I want to offer you. And most importantly - everyone will be satisfied with your treat: after all, it’s really very tasty!
- flour - 600-750 grams;
- cottage cheese - 500-600 grams;
- eggs - 1-2 pieces;
- kefir - 500 milliliters;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 100 grams;
- boiling water.
The best cakes with cottage cheese. Step by step recipe
- Preparation of the test: add salt, soda to kefir and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour in small portions and knead a very soft dough (close to semi-liquid, it will stick to your hands). Since the flour is different for everyone, adjust the amount yourself.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a lid and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the egg to the curd and knead well. We do not add anything else.
- The total amount of dough is divided into 7-8 equal parts. We lay out each part on the table, crushed with flour and stretch (hands or a rolling pin) into a layer with a thickness of approximately 0.5 centimeters.
- Cottage cheese is also divided by the number of dough pieces. The volume of the dough and cottage cheese should be approximately the same.
- We spread the curd filling on the rolled cake, collect the edges of the dough up like a bag. We pinch everything well, sprinkle with flour a little on top, since the dough is very tender.
- We splash everything with our hands into a layer, a thickness of not more than 0.5 centimeters. Since the cake will be very soft, for convenience, to transfer it to the pan, and it does not tear, we turn it half and again half (we get a kind of triangle).
- We spread the cottage cheese cake on a heated dry frying pan (unfold directly on the frying pan itself) and bake on medium heat: for approximately 3 minutes on each side. If during the baking process you get a cake, do not worry, it will settle under its weight when it cools down.
- Before each subsequent flat cake, you need to wipe the pan with a paper or linen towel to remove the remnants of flour, which can burn and bitter.
- Finished cakes need to be washed to remove excess flour and soften the dough. To do this, spread the cake on a flat surface, standing at an angle so that the water drains, and pour boiling water on both sides. Do not pour for a long time - 5-7 seconds, just to wet the top.
- We spread it on the dish, lightly pour with melted butter and proceed to washing the next cake. We put them in a pile so that they are saturated with oil as well as possible.
Everything is ready, you can serve! Tortillas stuffed with cottage cheese can be taken separately, but I saw that many cut them in the form of a cake. When I tried, I realized that it’s really tastier, juicier and more interesting. Try it, and you yourself will understand - very tasty! For a change, finely chopped green onions, chopped greens can be added to the curd. Bon appetit together with “Very tasty”!