A new version of the salad beloved by everyone: the best “Herring under a fur coat” is a festive snack in the original version. Herring salad according to this recipe is incredibly beautiful and fragrant. Prunes add a new flavor to all familiar dishes. I guarantee you - you haven’t eaten such a “Herring under a fur coat”: an interesting flavor combination will not leave anyone indifferent.
- 350 grams of salted filet;
- 0.5 kilograms of beets;
- 250 grams of carrots;
- 250 grams of potatoes;
- 150 grams of onion;
- 100 grams pitted prunes;
- 200 grams of mayonnaise;
- salt and black pepper - a pinch;
- a teaspoon of sunflower oil;
- a teaspoon of vinegar;
- a teaspoon of sugar;
- greens for decoration.
The best "Herring under a fur coat." Step by step recipe
- In advance (better in the evening) you need to prepare vegetables. I wash the carrots, beets and potatoes well and cook until tender (we do not peel the vegetables). Then we drain the water, cool the vegetables and clean.
- Before you collect salad, carrots, beets and potatoes, grate, put in different dishes.
- We clean herring fillets from small stones and cut into cubes.
- Peel the onions and cut into small cubes. We shift it into a small bowl, we will pickle. Add vinegar, sugar, salt and ground black pepper (according to the recipe) in a bowl with onions. Pour odorless vegetable oil, mix and leave for five minutes.
- My pitted prunes are dried and cut into small cubes with a knife.
- We mix each vegetable with mayonnaise: potatoes, beets and carrots. So much more convenient than lubricating every layer in the salad.
- On a flat serving dish, put the detachable shape with the narrow side up and begin to form a salad.
- The first layer of homemade salad will be potatoes: put in a form, flatten with a spoon, a little crushing (some potatoes should be left).
- Put the carrots in a second layer, level them.
- Squeeze the onion from the brine and put it on the carrots.
- We spread the pieces of herring on the onion, evenly distribute.
- For herring - the remaining potatoes.
- The last layer will beets with mayonnaise. It can be slightly salted.
- We decorate the salad with prune slices: we spread it around the circumference of the salad, not reaching one centimeter to the edge.
- We remove the salad in the form for three hours in the refrigerator to soak it.
- We take out the finished salad from the refrigerator, carefully remove the form and decorate with mayonnaise.
- I add mayonnaise dissolved in water to mayonnaise so that it keeps its shape better. Soak one gram of gelatin in 5 grams of water, mix and leave to swell. Melt the swollen gelatin in a water bath or microwave and mix with 100 grams of mayonnaise. To mix everything.
- I spread the mass in a bag or culinary bag and draw patterns on the top layer of the salad.
- I also use parsley branches for decoration.
Salad “Herring under a fur coat” in my family everyone loves, not a single feast is complete without it. Sunday lunch, when the whole family gathers, is also decorated with a herring dish: the recipe is very simple. For more salad recipes for all occasions, see our site “Very tasty”.