The best homemade mustard is one that will add spicy piquancy to your dishes. Most recently, I discovered an incredible and delicious recipe for such a sauce. The combination of taste notes creates an incredible harmony of aroma and taste. Such mustard will not only complement meat and vegetable dishes, but also will reveal all the intricacies of each ingredient. Well then, let's make this wonderful vigorous sauce.
- 6 tablespoons of mustard powder (approximately 60 grams);
- a couple of apples (you need to make mashed potatoes from them);
- a teaspoon of salt;
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar (better to use 6%);
- 3 tablespoons of brown or regular sugar;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- water - 200 grams;
- half a teaspoon of coriander seeds;
- cloves - 4 pieces;
- 1 bay leaf;
- some cinnamon (on the tip of a teaspoon).
The best homemade mustard. Step by step recipe
- Cooking mustard begins with marinade. To do this, pour some water into the bucket. Add coriander seeds, bay leaf and cloves to it.
- We turn on the burner on medium heat, set the ladle and bring the water to a boil. After boiling for a few more minutes and remove from heat.
- Next, prepare applesauce from fresh fruits (if it is not the season now, or you do not have them at hand, then you can use baby puree). We clean the apple from the skin, cut out the middle and cut into small slices. Add a little water (about a tablespoon) to the container and set it at maximum temperature in the microwave for three minutes. Then we take out and transfer them into the blender bowl, we interrupt the apples to a smooth consistency of mashed potatoes. If you don’t have a mixer or a blender, wipe it through a strainer.
- During this time, the marinade for the mustard recipe is ready, then filter it through a strainer.
- Pour mustard powder into a separate container, add sugar to it (as already mentioned, you can use both regular and brown). Salt the dry ingredients of home mustard and pour in the vinegar. After we take applesauce and pour it out afterwards (by the way, you can bake the apple in the oven, too, if you don’t have a microwave). Then mix the mass until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- To prepare acute mustard at home, add olive oil to the resulting mass (it is best to choose oil without any foreign smell and taste). Add cinnamon for the flavor (if you want, you can not add it).
- Pour the hot broth into the mass, and mix to the desired consistency.
- We cover the container with cling film and leave it to stand at room temperature for about 10 hours, so that the mustard is fully infused.
- As you can see, preparing mustard sauce for aspic and other dishes is a fairly easy process. Delight yourself with spicy goodies.
Recommendations for the preparation of spicy mustard.
- Marinade is always better to do more, since mustard absorbs liquid in different ways: therefore, it is better to let it stay than it is not enough.
- The color of mustard depends solely on the characteristics of mustard powder: you can make a sauce of white, yellow, brown - and all their shades. But it is worth noting that the taste will always be the same.
- Only after the mustard has been infused at room temperature for about 10 hours, you can send it to the refrigerator: according to this technology, the mustard is sharp and really vigorous. Such mustard sauce is ideal for meat, so feel free to get it to steaks, boiled or fried chicken, pork and other meat dishes.
- By the way, it’s better not to think of how to use mustard against a cold: it will warm up your body perfectly - and even mustard must not be put on.
Such excellent and delicious mustard will add bright spicy colors to most of your dishes at the festive table. Discover new recipes with the culinary site "Delicious." Enjoy your meal!