Want to tell you how to cook the best tomato salad for dinner? So tasty that everyone who doesn’t try it no longer wants to make salad according to other recipes. Of course, I foresaw that you won’t surprise you with tomato salad. But believe my honest word that a tomato salad can be prepared in such a way that it turns out to be an unexpected novelty for you. And do not think that it will be very difficult: the recipe is, in fact, very easy. The highlight is that we will make dressing for our salad based on olive oil and ... honey. Yes, you heard right, such an incredibly tasty combination: tomatoes, onions and honey.
- fresh tomatoes - 350-400 grams;
- onions - 0.5 onions (or take to taste);
- honey - 0.5 teaspoon;
- wine vinegar - 0.5 teaspoon;
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon;
- fresh basil - 2-3 leaves;
- Tuscan herbs - 0.5 teaspoon;
- ground black pepper - on the tip of a knife or to taste;
- cayenne pepper - on the tip of a knife;
- Himalayan salt - to taste.
The best tomato salad. Step by step recipe
- In order to make the salad very tasty, we should choose the right tomatoes at the time of purchase. The color, variety and shape of the tomato does not matter. The most important thing is that our tomatoes are firm: then our salad will be perfect. Tomatoes in the form of plums are best.
- My tomatoes and dried. We cut them into two equal parts, in length. Be sure to remove the stalk: do this always, in any dish that you cook with tomatoes.
- We cut each half of the tomato along thin plates resembling flower petals.
- If, nevertheless, you bought tomatoes very juicy, it is better to drain the excess juice that has stood out.
- Peel the onions and cut into thin half rings. I put only half the onion in the salad. You can put as you like: either more or less.
- We put tomatoes and onions in a salad bowl.
- Now it’s time to do some delicious salad dressing that will make it unusual. For dressing, take a bowl and pour olive oil into it. For refueling, ordinary sunflower oil is also suitable.
- Add honey to the oil: it must be liquid, not sugared.
- It's time to add Himalayan salt to the dressing.
- Tip: Himalayan salt must be pink. But some manufacturers produce fakes: ordinary table salt is colored pink with food colors and sold at a very high price. In order not to fall for the bait of such deceivers, be sure to look at the packaging of the country of manufacture. You will surely be sure that this is natural Himalayan salt, if the producers are Pakistan, India or Nepal: where it is mined.
- For absolute certainty, salt can be dissolved in water and left under a closed lid for exactly one day. If during this time the salt does not turn white, and the water does not turn pink, then the salt is real. Well, and if you do not have such salt, it does not matter, you should not be upset: it can be replaced with the most ordinary salt.
- Add black ground and cayenne pepper to the dressing. The second name of cayenne pepper is chili. I think everyone has it in the kitchen.
- It remains only to add wine vinegar and mix. By the way, wine vinegar can be replaced with apple or rice vinegar, in extreme cases - with lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing on our vegetables and mix with a spoon or two forks. Do this carefully so that the tomatoes remain intact and do not fall apart when mixed.
- Sprinkle salad with Tuscan herbs, which include bay leaf, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and sage. A mixture of Tuscan herbs can be replaced with Provencal herbs: the taste of the salad will change slightly, but it will not get worse.
- Tomato salad with onions, mix again and transfer to serving plates, or serve in a large salad bowl. Be sure to decorate the salad with fresh basil leaves. Basil can also be finely chopped and sprinkled on top of the salad.
Tomato salad is ready. Be sure to cook this healthy and delicious salad, with an unusually delicious dressing. He will not only decorate your table, but also make you the mistress of the year. I am sure everyone will appreciate the taste of this dish. Do not forget to visit our site “Very Delicious”: in the summer season and just for you, we have prepared many of the most unusual and delicious recipes. Enjoy your meal!