In summer, we often prepare the lightest bell pepper salad, which goes well with barbecue. It turns out to be very fragrant, with a pleasant sweet and sour taste and a spicy shade of garlic. Such a salad looks very appetizing. In addition, it can be harvested for the winter: this makes its taste even better, since all vegetables are saturated with each other's smells.
- tomatoes - 1 kilogram;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- bell peppers - 1 kilogram;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 cups;
- vegetable oil - 0.5 cups;
- garlic - 1 head;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- vinegar essence - 2 teaspoons.
The lightest bell pepper salad. Step by step recipe
- Summer vegetable salad of pepper and tomato can be served immediately after cooking, and can also be prepared for the winter, rolling it into jars. Sweet bell pepper should be washed well and cleaned of stalks and seeds.
- Cut the pepper into thin strips, cut along the vegetable.
- We wash the tomatoes well, cut the tails and cut them first in half, then in half circles and send everything to a container for sweet pepper.
- Tip. For a bell pepper vegetable salad, it is better to choose tomatoes not overripe so that they keep their shape well.
- Salt the vegetables well, sprinkle with granulated sugar and add vegetable oil.
- We put the salad in the pan, put on the fire and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat a little and boil for 25 minutes.
- Add vinegar essence, a finely chopped bunch of young dill.
- We wash one head of garlic well, peel and cut into thin slices. Sent to a pot with salad.
- We give our salad a boil for ten minutes. Then remove from heat and cool. When the salad of tomatoes and peppers cools down, it can be served as an appetizer to meat dishes: for example, to barbecue. It will emphasize the taste of meat and give a pleasant vegetable shade.
- From the same set of products, you can prepare a side dish for fish or meat. To do this, it is necessary to heat the pan well, pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and put the whole sweet Bulgarian pepper. It is better to use several colors of paprika: red, yellow and green. Immediately cover, and slightly reduce the fire. After five minutes, you need to turn the peppercorns on the other side. When the "Bulgarian" pepper is lightly browned on all sides, it is ready. Even with hot, you need to remove the transparent film and remove the stalk and seeds.
- Cooking pepper dressing. To do this, grind a very ripe tomato on a grater with large holes. Thinly chopped thirty grams of green dill and two cloves of garlic. Refueling needs to be very well salted.
- Tip. Since peppers are unsalted, you do not need to regret salt for dressing. Season with black pepper and mix everything. We put hot peppercorns on the dish and pour in garlic and tomato sauce. Such a side dish is suitable for any kind of meat, but it is especially tasty with a bird: chicken, turkey or goose.
- If you do not want to heat the fresh bell peppers, you can cook another appetizer from this wonderful vegetable. My peppers and carefully cut the stalks so as not to damage the "cup".
- Separately, grate two packs of processed cheese on a grater with an average size of holes. Hard boil two eggs and also rub on the same grater. Squeeze a couple of garlic cloves through the garlic and transfer to the cheese and egg mass. We season it well with mayonnaise and add some fragrant herbs: oregano, basil, tarragon - to taste. Stir the filling and fill it with “cups” of pepper. We send stuffed peppers to the refrigerator for half an hour. Then we take it out and cut it with a very sharp knife into circles or quarters.
- Tip. If the knife is dipped in water at each cut, then the filling from the processed cheese will be cut well. A beautiful multi-colored pepper and cheese appetizer is very tasty and fragrant.
- A wonderful and very quick breakfast of vegetables and eggs can be prepared when you want to pamper your relatives in the spring morning.
- To do this, on a well-preheated oil in a pan, you need to put onion, chopped into small cubes. When it is gilded, we transfer into a pan a pair of sweet Bulgarian peppers, sliced in half rings, and after a few minutes we will send finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and simmer. When the vegetables are stewed well, fill them with eggs, which first need to be slightly beaten with a whisk. Salt everything, season with black pepper. Before serving, grind finely chopped greens.
- If you go on a picnic, be sure to take fresh vegetables, herbs and bread: in order to cook wonderful bruschettas with vegetables. Cut the bread into thin slices and fry a little on a wire rack, if you are in nature. At home, you can make toasts in a dry pan or with a toaster. Separately finely chop red sweet bell pepper. Peel the tomatoes from the pulp and seeds, we only need the walls of the tomatoes. Cut them into small cubes. Also chop the parsley, basil and cilantro, mix everything, salt well and season with extra virgin olive oil. Grate the finished toasted bruschettas with a clove of garlic and put our vegetable dressing on each slice of toasted bread.
There are many easy and delicious recipes for salads and snacks with tomatoes and peppers. Visit our website “I Love Cooking” and find out the ways and methods of preparing original snacks. Delight your family with hearty breakfasts, delicious lunches and great dinners.