Do not want to stand at the stove for a long time, but dream of something tasty? Then cook the fastest Korean-style pickled eggplant. The recipe I want to share with you is so versatile that you can eat the dish as soon as you cook it, or preserve it for the winter. Quick pickled eggplant - this is the dish that you will treat everyone.
- eggplant - 2 kilograms;
- onions - 500 grams;
- sweet pepper - 500 grams;
- carrots - 500 grams;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- ground red pepper - 1-2 teaspoons;
- ground coriander - 2 teaspoons;
- ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon;
- vinegar 9% - 100 milliliters;
- sugar - 8 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 100 milliliters;
- salt - 1 tablespoon.
The fastest pickled eggplant in Korean. Step by step recipe
- Washed and wiped eggplant we need to cut into thin cubes. First, cut the tails on two sides and cut the eggplant into four parts: lengthwise and crosswise. We cut each part of the blue into small pieces.
- Eggplant was placed in a bowl and covered with salt. Do not forget to mix so that the salt is not only on the upper eggplant, but also on the lower. Leave as it is for one hour.
- An hour has passed, we pour out the dark juice formed from the eggplant and wash it under running water.
- Next, prepare the eggplant directly for pickling. They can be boiled, fried in sunflower oil and simply baked in the oven. I, as a lover of instant eggplant in Korean, choose baking in the oven. This has its advantages: as I said, eggplants cook quickly and will not be as greasy as when frying.
- Grease a large baking sheet with vegetable oil. And put eggplant on it. We cover them with food foil from above: so they will not burn with us. And put in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. When they become soft, they can be removed from the oven. If you still decide to cook them, then dip in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Then let them cool.
- We clean the carrots and, of course, mine. Then chop it in a Korean vegetable shredder. Pour boiling water and leave it for 3 minutes. After that, we rinse it through a colander with cold water. Our carrot will then be soft.
- We will cut the peeled onions in half rings.
- Sweet pepper do not forget to rinse and remove the core from it, along with the seeds. Cut the pepper into four parts, and then chop with a thin straw.
- In a sufficiently large container, mix all our chopped and grated vegetables, except for eggplant. Add garlic to them, which we grind or pass through a press.
- It's time to add spices. Salt, coriander, black and red hot peppers, vinegar, sugar and sunflower oil. A spoon of salt should be taken without a slide, the amount of pepper can be reduced, or vice versa, increased. This is a matter of taste. Hot red pepper can be replaced with bitter capsicum, taking half or a third of the whole pepper.
- We mix the vegetables, cover with a lid or film on top. Put aside, for pickling: for 5-6 hours.
- And now we mix the pickled vegetables and still warm, not cooled eggplant, mix. Korean style quick pickled eggplant with carrots are ready - this is an option for eating right away.
- If you decide to prepare this yummy for the future, for the winter, then we will continue to preserve them.
- We will need three liter cans: you can take six pieces of half-liter. Be sure to sterilize them in a way convenient for you: above steam or in the oven. And put the pickled vegetables in Korean in sterile jars.
- Pour cold water into a large pot. At the bottom of the pan, lay a towel and place the jars, adding water over their neck, to be sterilized. As soon as the water boils in a saucepan, count out exactly 35 minutes if you have liter jars, and 20 minutes if you have half-liter jars.
- Then remove the jars from boiling water and immediately roll them with sterile lids. As usual, turn the cans upside down, wrap and soak them until they cool completely.
Korean-style pickled eggplants are ready. Be sure to cook them according to this recipe. And in winter, opening a jar of eggplant, you will immediately feel the aromas of summer: a delicate smell of sweet pepper, garlic speck and the incomparable aroma of coriander. Visit our site “Delicious”: you will find new recipes for preservation, and other, no less tasty dishes. Good appetite!