My grandmother is preparing the most delicious cabbage pie: and I want to share his recipe with you. Cooking cabbage pie is not at all difficult, the ingredients are available, and the result will pleasantly surprise you. The dough of the pie is incredibly tasty and tender, and the filling is very juicy and aromatic. My family love this dish and eat it with great pleasure.
- 100 grams of butter;
- 240 grams of wheat flour;
- 80 milliliters of milk;
- 3-4 grams of dry yeast (1 teaspoon) or 10-12 grams of fresh;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- a pinch of salt.
- 450 grams of sauerkraut;
- half the onion head;
- 0.5 tablespoon of tomato paste;
- 2-3 pieces of boiled chicken eggs;
- dill to taste;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- vegetable oil for frying.
- 1 chicken egg (for greasing the cake);
- sesame seeds.
The most delicious cabbage pie. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the dough. Milk needs to be slightly heated: it should be warm, but not hot. Mix the yeast with sugar and add warm milk, stir the yeast and sugar until completely dissolved. Leave a homogeneous mass for 10-15 minutes.
- Milk, if desired, can be replaced with water.
- Pour flour into a convenient bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mix everything.
- To the mixed flour with salt, add chilled butter, cut into cubes. Next, you need to rub everything with your hand into crumbs. In the resulting mass, make a deepening and pour out the yeast mixture. Then you need to knead the dough: it should not stick to your hands, it needs to be kneaded for about seven minutes. Round the dough and place in a bowl, cover with cling film and put in a warm place for an hour and a half.
- You can adjust the amount of flour in the dough yourself: after all, everyone has different flour.
- Prepare the filling. To begin, pour sauerkraut into a colander, rinse with cold water and leave it for a while to let the glass water.
- Instead of sauerkraut, you can use fresh. It needs to be chopped, salted, allowed to stand, squeeze out the excess liquid and simmer in a pan with vegetable oil.
- Then peel the onion, wash and chop into small cubes. Fry chopped onions in a pan with vegetable oil until transparent.
- We add cabbage, tomato paste to the fried onion in the pan, mix everything thoroughly and simmer for about ten minutes on low heat.
- Instead of tomato paste, you can add ketchup.
- Stewed cabbage must be pepper and salt to taste. Cabbage should be transferred to a convenient dish and allowed to cool.
- Boiled eggs are peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Finished dough needs to be kneaded and divided into two parts.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and just grease it with vegetable oil.
- Roll out most of the dough on parchment paper, transfer to a mold and make small borders.
- Then put the cabbage on the dough and evenly distribute it over the entire surface. Put the boiled eggs on top. Pour chopped dill or other greens over the eggs.
- The rest of the dough needs to be rolled into a layer of the same diameter as the mold. Then we cut the dough into strips with a diameter of 1-1.5 centimeters.
- We spread half the strips on the cake, leaving a gap of 5-7 millimeters. Half the strips through one fold to the middle. Spread one strip in the middle across, unfold the folded stripes.
- Next, fold the second half of the strips to the middle, spread across the strip and unfold the folded strips. Thus we make a lattice with the remaining strips.
- Cut the excess dough and pinch the ends with a fork.
- Drive an egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork. Grease the cake with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Put the cake in the oven, heated to 180 degrees, for 45-50 minutes.
- We take out the finished cake from the oven, put it on the dish, and give it time to cool.
The most delicious cabbage pie is ready: its aroma spreads throughout the house. You can add any savory filling: proceed from your culinary preferences. On the site "Very tasty" you can find many more interesting and original recipes for pies. Bon appetit - and cook with pleasure.