The most delicious onion pie is the French pie, which will delight you with its delicate taste and unique aroma. If you have never tried this dish, then you have lost half your life! Onion pie with an egg is a dish that you fall in love with and don’t understand: how you lived before. Personally, I did not expect anything special when I started to cook it. But as soon as the appetizing smells crept around the apartment, I realized that was it. A dish that I have long wanted to try. Do not torment yourself with expectations and hopes, but rather go to the kitchen to create!
- flour - 400-450 grams;
- cottage cheese - 250 grams;
- sour cream - 100 grams;
- sunflower oil - 100 milliliters;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - half a teaspoon;
- soda - 1 teaspoon.
- onions - 1 kilogram;
- eggs - 2-3 pieces;
- sour cream - 200 grams.
The most delicious French onion pie. Step by step recipe
First, knead the curd dough, which will be tender, but at the same time will delight with its magnificent crisp.
- Put the cottage cheese in a clean bowl.
- Add sour cream to it.
- Grind with a blender. If there is no blender, you can grind it through a sieve.
- In the crushed curd with sour cream we add all the ingredients: vegetable oil, salt, soda, sugar.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Sift the flour gradually into the mass. You may need a little more flour than the ingredients indicated. It all depends on how fat your cottage cheese is.
- Knead the soft dough for our French pie.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the work surface and knead the dough again. It should turn out to be slightly loose, but at the same time easily assemble into a ball and not stick to your hands and surface.
- We wrap the mass in cling film and put it in the refrigerator for several minutes. While the dough is “resting”, you need to prepare the filling for our delicious onion pie.
- I thoroughly wash all the onion and peel it.
- Cut the onion into half rings or a quarter into rings.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep pan and add chopped onion.
- Fry until light golden and soft.
- Season with ground black pepper to your taste.
- Break our eggs into a separate bowl and add sour cream to them.
- Shake the eggs with a sour cream whisk.
- We return to the “rested test”: we take it out of the refrigerator and remove the film. The dough is so soft that you don’t have to roll it: you can just stretch it in shape.
- We spread the curd dough in the form, carefully stretching it around the perimeter. Form the sides of the dough using a fork.
- Put the onion inside the dough.
- Tip: pre-onion can be laid out on dry paper towels, in order to remove excess fat.
- From above, fill the onion filling with an egg-sour cream mixture: thus making the top of the pie.
- In an oven preheated to 180 degrees, send our onion “cake” and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool the finished French pie and serve.
The most delicious onion pie is ready! As you can see, it is prepared quite quickly and quite simply. And in the end, you get a big cake with a delicate taste, soft filling and crisp. Prepare this treat for your family - and they will ask you to cook it many more times! Enjoy your meal!