And today I have a Thai touch: and magnificent steam buns with very tasty, spicy, meat filling. Although they come from Thailand, they are prepared very easily and from simple, readily available products. For those who like to surprise their loved ones with delicious new products - steam buns are exactly what you need: tasty, original and inexpensive! Join us and let's cook them together with “Very tasty”!
- flour - 140-160 grams;
- water - 125 milliliters;
- sugar - 1-1.5 teaspoon;
- dry yeast - 2 grams;
- baking powder for dough - 3 grams;
- salt is a pinch.
- minced pork (finely chopped pork) - 120 grams;
- soy sauce - 3-4 tablespoons;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves;
- fresh ginger - 5-7 grams;
- medium onions - 0.5 pieces;
- starch (corn or potato) - 1 teaspoon;
- water - 1 tablespoon;
- vegetable oil for frying - 1-2 tablespoons.
The most delicious steam burgers. Step by step recipe
- Pour dry yeast with 50 milliliters of warm water (temperature 35-40 degrees), add sugar, stir. Leave for 5-7 minutes, for better activation of the yeast (even if you have instant ones). Dry yeast can be replaced with 5-7 grams of pressed.
- In a bowl we combine the dry ingredients: sifted flour, baking powder, salt.
- Pour activated yeast and the rest of the water into the dry mixture, knead a soft, elastic dough (it should not stick to your hands). Since everyone’s flour is different, it may take more or less (it took me 160 grams). Knead for 4-5 minutes.
- We grease the bowl with vegetable oil, put the kneaded dough, cover with cling film and leave for 1-1.5 hours at room temperature. It should increase by 2-2.5 times.
- Step-by-step preparation of the filling: finely chop the garlic, chop the onion into small cubes and grind fresh ginger finely, like garlic. If there is no fresh ginger, it can be replaced with dry powder.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, first throw the garlic and ginger and fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and fry until it is transparent and soft.
- We send the minced meat to the pan and quickly knead with a spatula so that it is divided into small pieces. Fry until the meat is ready.
- Separately, mix 1 teaspoon without top of starch and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Without turning off the pan, pour in soy sauce and starch to thicken the filling. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of water if you notice that the starch is too seized and the filling is dry. Cook for another half minute and remove from heat. The filling should be soft, juicy.
- Leave the minced meat to cool completely. So that the filling does not affect the quality of the dough and does not soak it, when we sculpt the buns, it must be completely cooled.
- We crumble the approached dough, and divide it into 4-5 parts (based on this number of ingredients). We roll from them balls, in size, like a small chicken egg.
- Roll the ball into a cake, 3-4 mm thick, put the filling in the middle and fashion the bun. To do this, lift the edges of the dough and fashion them in folds in a circle. The result should be a bun similar to khinkali.
- Put the buns in a double boiler. If you don’t have one, then you can use a saucepan and a sieve or special supports for steaming, and cover with a high lid or bowl on top.
- To prevent steam rolls from sticking to each other during cooking, they can be placed in a paper cupcake tin or on a square of baking paper. Please note that during cooking they will increase in volume, so do not place too close to each other.
- We spread the buns when the water has already boiled, cover with a high lid and cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the fire and, without lifting the lid, leave it to stand for another 5 minutes.
- Put the finished steam buns on a dish, separate the paper while they are still hot.
Soft, lush homemade steam buns with deliciously fragrant and delicious filling will not leave anyone indifferent! You can experiment and come up with a wide variety of fillers for these steam buns: salty, sweet, spicy and so on. I recently cooked at home with fried zucchini and garlic - my family really liked it. Serve buns as a separate dish or as an addition, instead of bread. Bon appetit together with “Very tasty”!