When you want to please yourself and loved ones with something tasty, I propose to cook the most delicious stewed zucchini with rice. This dish is very light and dietary. Surely a dish of stewed zucchini is familiar to many housewives, but if you experiment a little and add rice to the zucchini, you get a delicate and pleasant taste. I love this unusual recipe: after spending a little time, you can make a gorgeous dish from simple ingredients.
- zucchini - 2 pieces;
- rice - 1.5 tablespoons;
- tomato - 1 piece;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- onions - 1 piece;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- sour cream - 2 tablespoons (optional).
The most delicious stewed zucchini with rice. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the zucchini. Zucchini needs to be washed, cut off all the excess and cut into small cubes.
- Diced zucchini must be poured into a pan, salt and put on fire (for this, it is best to use a pan with a non-stick bottom).
- Put the pot with zucchini on a small fire for ten or fifteen minutes: they will empty the juice and become softer.
- While the zucchini stew, prepare the onions. Onions must be peeled, washed and cut into small cubes.
- Rinse raw carrots, peel and grate on a coarse grater (you can cut into cubes).
- Next, carrots and onions need to be fried: for this, pour the chopped vegetables (carrots and onions) into a hot pan with vegetable oil and fry until golden.
- Wash the fresh tomato, cut into medium-sized cubes, add to the pan with onions and carrots. Continue frying vegetables. Adjust the number of tomatoes to your liking.
- If you do not like fried vegetables, then you can skip this step with frying and not fry, but use raw vegetables.
- I like to add fresh bell peppers.
- Zucchini should have let the juice go well, they need to add the fried vegetables (or fresh at will), mix thoroughly.
- Wash the rice and also add to the pot with vegetables, mix everything well and continue to simmer until the rice is ready.
- You can determine the amount of rice to your liking.
- So that the rice does not burn, make sure that there is some water at the bottom (juice from vegetables).
- Put it out on low heat. If you notice that there is not enough juice of vegetables, then you can add a little water.
- When stewed vegetables with rice, you need to bring them to taste. You can add a couple of cloves chopped into cubes of garlic (or passed through a press).
- Wash dill, finely chop and add to the stewed vegetables.
- You can add a couple of spoons of sour cream: then the dish will not be so dietary.
- We add salt to taste to the vegetables, black ground pepper (you can add your favorite spices), mix everything thoroughly, simmer for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
Braised zucchini with rice can be served as a separate dish, a side dish for meat dishes, as a hot or cold snack. If you like spices, marjoram, coriander, dill, parsley, garlic, black or red pepper go well with zucchini - the aroma is simply amazing. On the site "I like to cook" there are many more interesting recipes for dishes from zucchini.