The most delicious waffle cake snack cake looks very impressive on the table and makes an indelible impression on the guests: it tastes just as good as it looks. Delicious, light and unusual appetizer of cakes according to my recipe is prepared very simply and quickly enough. Snack cake made of waffle cakes with cheese and tomatoes - unusually tender and healthy, it will appeal to even the most fastidious gourmets. Remember that the cake is eaten very quickly, therefore, prepare two portions at once on the festive table: so that each of the guests gets a tasty and tasty piece.
- one pack of wafer cakes;
- 2 large tomatoes;
- 150-200 grams of feta cheese;
- a small bunch of green onions.
For the sauce:
- 5-6 tablespoons of thick sour cream;
- 1.5 teaspoons of acute mustard;
- one teaspoon of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil;
- 0.5 teaspoon curry;
- one teaspoon of a mixture of Italian herbs;
- 3 cloves of garlic.
Additionally: vegetable oil for lubrication.
The most delicious waffle cake snack. Step by step recipe
- I wash large and ripe tomatoes, remove the stem, cut into very thin half rings.
- Feta cheese is cut into thin strips.
- I chop a small bunch of green onions and chop them with a knife: we will need it for decoration.
- Make a sauce in a bowl. We spread thick sour cream, add hot mustard, salt, basil, curry, a mixture of Italian herbs (the amount of all ingredients according to the recipe). If you do not have any spices, you can do without them.
- Peel the garlic and rub on a fine grater (can be passed through a press), sent to a bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly - and the sauce is ready.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper, grease with vegetable oil.
- We spread the first wafer cake on the baking sheet, grease it with sour cream sauce.
- Tip. Do not overdo the greasing of the cake with the sauce; the cake should not be raw: they should crack slightly.
- We lay on it slices of tomatoes (in random order), and between them pieces of cheese.
- We close it with the second waffle cake (we will not lubricate it, otherwise the cake will turn out to be too soft), put tomatoes and cheese on it.
- In this way we alternate all the cakes (one is greased, the other is not).
- Lubricate the last cake with a sauce of sour cream and garlic, spread cheese and tomatoes, sprinkle with green onions.
- We send the baking sheet with the snack cake into the oven preheated to 220 degrees for 15 minutes.
Serving a delicious snack cake for breakfast, with a cup of coffee. It is better to prepare a snack cake from waffle cakes shortly before serving, because tender cakes do not require special impregnation and should slightly crunch. Bon appetit, cook with me on the site "Very tasty."