I like to cook appetizers from thin pita bread in the oven, but it is not always possible to buy fresh, and the price bites a bit, as for such a quantity. That's why I learned how to cook it at home, and it turned out to be simple. Today, with “Very Delicious”, I want to tell you how to bake thin (Armenian) pita bread. It can be made with filling, for example with minced meat. And from such pita bread you can make a delicious pie. Experiment with us!
- flour - 1.5 cups;
- water - 0.5 cups;
- sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.3 teaspoon.
Thin pita bread in the oven. Step by step recipe
- Add salt, oil, water to the sifted flour, knead a cool dough.
- Transfer to a plastic bag and hold for 30-40 minutes.
- Divide the dough into pieces the size of a small egg.
- Roll each part thinly and use a rolling pin to transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 180-200 degrees for about a couple of minutes. Watch as soon as the dough begins to brown, then the pita is ready.
- Put the cake on a damp towel, sprinkle with water and cover with the second part of the towel. This will make the pita soft, elastic.
- In the same way, do with the rest of the dough, after pita bread, fold it in a pile and place it in a plastic bag with holes for air circulation.
So quickly and easily we got fresh Armenian pita bread without any extra additives. You can also use a dry frying pan for baking: stand on medium heat for half a minute on each side. Now they can be safely used for shawarma, appetizers, as is, instead of bread. I’m sure your family will like it - it’s tested on their own experience! "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! The next time, be sure to try the recipe for the finest pita bread or a delicious pie of pita bread with minced meat and cheese.