I want to share with you a very, very simple recipe for pickling tomatoes. This recipe I call tomatoes halves for the winter, they are cooked without vinegar, perfectly stored. He opened a jar, put the tomatoes in a vase, and voila - a spicy, appetizer for all occasions. Preparing tomatoes in halves for the winter is also quite simple, and the ingredients need a minimum.
On a 1 liter can:
- onion - 1 piece;
- garlic - a couple of cloves;
- pepper in a pot - 2-3 pieces;
- bay leaf - 2 things;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- water - 1 liter;
- salt - 1.5 tablespoons;
- sugar - 3 tablespoons.
Tomatoes halves for the winter. Step by step recipe
- Peel and chop the onion, divide the peeled garlic into cloves.
- Wash and dry tomatoes well. Put bay leaves, peas, garlic on the bottom of a clean jar.
- Gently place tomatoes in a jar and transfer each layer with onions.
- Put water on the fire, boil and cook the marinade, adding salt and sugar to the water.
- Pour the tomatoes in a jar with hot marinade and place them in a saucepan in which you pour water.
- From the moment of boiling water in a pan of a jar of tomatoes, sterilize for 5 minutes.
- Then, right in the jar, add a tablespoon of sunflower oil and roll up the lid.
If you like to make a salad in summer from tomatoes and season it with unrefined sunflower oil, then you can also add unrefined oil to this workpiece. It will be delicious.
I have no doubt that halves of the tomatoes will please you for the winter and you will close at least a few jars of this miracle every year!
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking canned sweet tomatoes and mustard tomatoes for the winter.