Pepper and tomato without vinegar in Transcarpathian style is prepared without vinegar from green pepper and has a special taste. Rather, it resembles a wonderful sauce, or seasoning, but believe me, this lecho is worth your attention.
- Sweet pepper of green color - 2.7 kilograms;
- tomatoes - 800 grams4
- tomato juice - 1.5 liters;
- salt - 2 teaspoons;
- parsley greens.
Step-by-step recipe for pepper and tomato vinegar without Transcarpathian vinegar
- Take the green pepper of fleshy varieties, rinse it, remove the seeds and cut into slices 3 × 4 centimeters.
- Chopped pepper should be blanched in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then cool.
- Well-blanched peppers should be elastic, and in no case break when bent.
- Cut ripe tomatoes into 4 parts (if desired, you can pour over boiling water, and remove the skin from them).
- At the bottom of a clean jar, put parsley and half a tomato, then a layer of chilled pepper, and tomatoes on top.
- Boil tomato juice, add salt to it.
- Filled cans, pour hot tomato juice, not boiling!
- put the jars to be sterilized in a pot of water, on the bottom with which to lay a cloth. To sterilize a 1 liter jar for 90 minutes, from the moment of boiling water in a pan. And then roll it right away.
In Transcarpathia this lecho of pepper and tomato without vinegar are used as a vegetable snack, as a seasoning for meat or fish. This lecho is amazingly tasty, and unlike any other!
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!