I really like to cook original dishes and want to share a recipe for a Turkish bean snack. It is not difficult to prepare such a dish, and the result will certainly delight you with its wonderful taste and unrivaled aroma. Bean appetizer is perfect for both the holiday and weekdays. Beans are tender, juicy and aromatic. Even those who don’t really like beans will be pleasantly surprised to try it in this salad: they will love it.
- 500 grams of red beans;
- 1 green pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste or 2 tomatoes;
- olive oil for frying.
Turkish Bean Appetizer. Step by step recipe
- First of all, you need to prepare red beans: it must be filled with water and left overnight.
- Beans must be soaked in water, as this will help, firstly, to cook it faster, and, secondly, it improves its absorption by the body after cooking.
- Before you soak the beans, sort it out, remove excess dirt and debris, wash it well so that the beans do not absorb dirt and dust with water. The amount of water should be twice that of the bean itself.
- Before boiling beans, it will be necessary to drain the water and pour fresh. Boil the beans until cooked: this takes approximately two hours. Beans do not salt.
- Transfer the boiled red beans to a colander, and allow the drainage of excess fluid.
- While the beans are cooling, prepare the onions. Onions must be peeled, washed and cut into small cubes.
- Next, peppers need to be cleaned and cut into small cubes.
- Pour olive oil into a hot pan: you need to pour a lot of it: not as you pour it on the fry, but more.
- Pour chopped onion and pepper into a hot pan, mix.
- While the onion and pepper are fried, peel, wash and chop the carrot into small cubes. Add chopped carrots to onions and peppers, fry until carrots are almost ready.
- If you use tomatoes instead of tomato paste, then cut them into small cubes and add to the fried vegetables in a pan.
- Add the tomato paste to the fried vegetables and simmer for several minutes, mixing thoroughly so that the tomato paste is well distributed.
- Pour red beans into a frying pan for vegetables, and mix everything very well. Add 400 grams of water (2 cups) to the mixed vegetables and salt to taste.
- Cover the mixed and salted vegetables and simmer for ten or fifteen minutes over low heat. During this time, the sauce will thicken and the beans will become softer.
Turkish bean snack is ready: you can put it on a dish and decorate with greens. The aroma of this dish is simply amazing. I like that from the available products you can cook a very tasty and hearty dish. If you like to cook bean dishes, then on our site “I love to cook” you will find a lot of great recipes. Enjoy your meal.