If you want to cook a very tasty and beautiful dish of meat and vegetables, then stuffed eggplant in Turkish will definitely suit you. Appetizing stuffed eggplant boats look very impressive when served and incredibly tasty. A lot of toppings, thick and juicy pulp of baked eggplant and subtle sourness - do not miss the chance to feed your relatives with a tasty and healthy dish!
- eggplant (medium size) - 5 pieces;
- onions (medium size) - 4 pieces;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- sweet pepper (green and red one at a time) - 2 pieces;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- minced meat (beef) - 250 grams;
- sugar - 2 teaspoons;
- tomato paste - 3 tablespoons;
- salt, black pepper - to your liking.
Turkish eggplant stuffed. Step by step recipe
- First of all, it is necessary to wash and clean the eggplants. According to this recipe, they need to be cleaned as follows: cut off the skin strips along the eggplant with a knife so that there are also uncleaned places. That is, our eggplant should resemble a zebra - a black stripe, a light stripe, etc.
- The tail (peduncle) is not necessary to cut.
- In each eggplant we make an incision along the entire vegetable: half its depth.
- Then we put the eggplant in a deep bowl, pour cold water so that it covers the eggplant, add a pinch of salt and leave it to soak for 30 - 40 minutes (so that bitterness comes out).
- Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- We also lubricate each eggplant with vegetable oil (I do this with a silicone brush) and spread on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees and bake eggplant. They should brown and become soft. The baking time for everyone can be different: since all ovens bake differently, and eggplants themselves can vary in size.
- Cut the onion into small cubes.
- We heat the pan, add a small amount of vegetable oil and pour the chopped onion.
- Finely chop two cloves of garlic and send to the pan.
- We cut the sweet pepper into small pieces and also send it to the pan (leave a few pieces of pepper to decorate the stuffed eggplant).
- Finely chop the parsley and send it to the pan.
- Add minced meat to the pan, and fry it all together.
- Add black ground pepper and salt to taste.
- We take out the rosy eggplants from the oven, directly on the baking sheet we spread their pulp along the cut (they should resemble boats), we sprinkle the eggplants with sugar a little on top.
- We fill each boat with stuffing from minced meat.
- Spread a slice of tomato and a slice of sweet pepper on top.
- Dilute the tomato paste with water in a ratio of 1: 2 and pour the tomato solution into a baking sheet.
- We send the baking sheet with stuffed Turkish eggplants into the oven (temperature 180 degrees) for 20 - 30 minutes.
- We take out and serve to the table.
Such stuffed eggplant, baked in the oven, turns out to be very tasty, hearty and juicy: thanks to tomato sauce. It is best to eat them immediately after cooking, in the form of heat. The team of the site “I Love Cooking” wishes you a pleasant appetite.