Light, tasty, and at the same time nutritious snack - Ukrainian onion caviar. Caviar from onions is something; it’s very difficult to determine to taste that the composition contains onions. Onion caviar for the winter is perfect as an appetizer for meat and fish dishes, and on the festive table it will be an unusual and surprisingly tasty independent dish.
- Onion - 1 kilogram;
- tomatoes - 300-400 grams; tomato sauce - 40 grams;
- vegetable oil - 40-60 grams;
- a bunch of dill;
- salt to taste.
Step by step recipe for onion caviar
- Wash onions clean.
- Half prepared onions, cut into slices 3-5 mm thick. Fry until golden yellow in vegetable oil calcined before smoke.
- Cut the other half of the onion arbitrarily, pour over boiling water.
- Skip the fried and blanched onions through a meat grinder and mix.
- The resulting mass is placed in an enameled pan, add sliced tomatoes without peel or tomato sauce, sunflower oil. Mix the salt and mix.
- Boil with frequent stirring for 20-25 minutes (until it becomes homogeneous, thick, without signs of free separation of the liquid). At the end of boiling, add fresh finely chopped dill to the mass and mix.
- Pack boiling caviar in warmed cans (filling them to the top). Before rolling, sterilize at a temperature of 100 degrees the cans of 0.5 liters - 40 minutes, liter - 50 minutes.
Store onion caviar for the winter in a dark cool place.
Surprise your guests, and be surprised yourself with new pickles and preparations.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!