I want to share a recipe for an unsurpassed classic French baguette. You can bake it at home: and enjoy the great taste. The recipe for this baking is not very complicated and is the power of every housewife. I tried homemade baguettes with my grandmother: and I could not believe that they can be made at home. The cooked baguette turns out to be very fragrant, tender, with a crisp and fluffy crumb.
Opara for baguette:
- 170 milliliters of warm water;
- a pinch of salt;
- 250 grams of flour;
- yeast on the tip of a knife.
- 12.5 grams of yeast (2.5 teaspoons);
- 0.5 liters of warm water;
- 3 teaspoons of salt;
- 750 grams of flour.
Unrivaled classic French baguette. Step by step recipe
- First, let's make a dough for a baguette. Pour warm water (32-35 degrees) into a convenient dish, pour yeast on the tip of the knife, mix and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, take the flour: it must be sieved with a sieve in a separate bowl, add a pinch of salt, yeast with water and mix - a soft, uniform mass should be obtained. You can knead the dough lightly with your hands.
- After that, the dough must be covered with cling film and left for 12-16 hours in a warm place.
- After twelve hours, you can proceed to preparing the test for the baguette. In a convenient dish, add warm water (32-35 degrees), pour in the yeast and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, sift the flour, add salt and mix.
- After ten minutes have passed, the yeast with water must be mixed and added to the flour.
- To mix all the ingredients, you can use a dough mixer, mixer or knead by hand.
- With a mixer, at low speed, mix the flour and gradually pour water with yeast.
- Without ceasing to knead the dough, gradually you need to add the previously prepared dough. Knead the dough thoroughly.
- Put the mixed dough in a convenient dish and cover with cling film. We leave the covered dough in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. During this time, the dough should increase 4-5 times.
- Put the dough, which came up, onto the work surface, sprinkled with flour, and sprinkle the hands with flour. We knead the dough, put it in the form of an envelope, sweep off the excess flour with a brush, transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave it in a warm place for an hour. The dough should become 4-5 times larger.
- Sprinkle the working surface with flour, put the dough on it, and sprinkle the hands with flour. You need to knead the dough and divide it into five or six parts: it all depends on what thickness of the baguette you want to get.
- We take one part of the dough and roll it into a roll, bending all the corners inwards. So we roll all the separated parts of the dough.
- We take a rolled piece of dough and raise it slightly with one hand and wrap the edge of the dough, and hold it with the other hand: you need to do this along the entire length of the workpiece. We turn the dough over and do the same, but on the other hand, two times in a row: the workpiece must be shaped like a baguette. Using palms we roll the baguette to the required length.
- We cover parchment paper on a baking sheet, lay out baguettes and cover with a towel. Using a water spray, lightly moisten the towel and leave for 60 minutes.
- When an hour has passed, you need to make diagonal cuts on the baguettes using a scalpel or blade (cut depth 0.5 centimeters) at a distance of 4-5 centimeters.
- The oven must be preheated in advance to a temperature of 240 degrees, and bake baguettes until golden brown: about twenty minutes. If you have an oven without a humidifier, then before putting baguettes, you need to moisten the oven with a water spray.
- Remove the finished baguette from the oven, put on the wire rack and allow time to cool.
When the baguettes have cooled a little, they can be eaten. The aroma of French baguettes is simply unsurpassed. They can be served with different jams or butter. My family loves baguettes with garlic: they perfectly complement the first courses. On the site “Very tasty” you can find other delicious recipes.