Let's visit the Caucasus without leaving home: we will prepare their national, very tasty hitching with cheese - tortillas with lots of toppings. Bacon with meat, cheese and herbs, or potatoes and cheese are baked. In the Caucasus, they are considered both bread and a separate snack. Not a single feast passes without them: dinner without hychin is considered poor. Each housewife, when preparing these flat cakes, puts in them her love, warmth and affection, which she wants to bestow on her family and friends. Let us once again remind ourselves of our love to our relatives and present it in the form of delicious hichin with potatoes and cheese. In addition, they are prepared very simply and quickly - a little practice, and you can sculpt them with your eyes closed!
- flour - 500 grams;
- kefir (yogurt) - 300 milliliters;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- butter - 20 grams.
- potatoes - 700 grams;
- hard cheese - 150 grams;
- salt to taste;
- butter for lubrication - 20-30 grams;
- flour for rolling cakes.
Very fast cheese with cheese. Step by step recipe
- Add soda to yogurt or yogurt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt, butter at room temperature. Knead everything lightly and gradually pour in the kefir - knead a soft, elastic dough. If it seems tight to you, then add some more kefir.
- After kneading well, wrap the dough with cling film and leave at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or better for an hour. During this time, gluten will swell well, the dough will become more elastic and will not tear while working with it.
- Preparing the filling: peel and boil the potatoes until tender in unsalted water. Next: the broth is completely decanted, and the potatoes are salted and passed through a meat grinder, we think of a pusher or a blender. Leave the mashed potatoes to cool completely.
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater, combine with potatoes and mix well.
- We divide the rested dough into 8 equal parts, we form them into balls. We spread them on the board and cover with cling film, while portionwise preparing the filling. In time it will take about 10 minutes.
- We also divide the filling into 8 equal parts and roll them into balls of the same size as the dough pieces. To conveniently form koloboks from grated potatoes, first moisten your hands in warm water.
- We cover the filling, like the dough, with cling film (so as not to wind) and take them out in the course of work.
- Roll the dumpling roll into a cake with a diameter of about 15 centimeters. We put a bowl of potato filling in the center of the cake, and collect the edges of the dough at the top, in a crease. At first you will get a product very similar to khinkali, but after that we will squeeze this bunch again well and flatten it on top.
- Gently, without pressing down hard so as not to tear the dough, we roll out a cake of the required thickness (you can adjust it as you wish: personally, I like thin ones and always roll out 1 centimeter).
- Fry in a preheated pan without vegetable oil, about 2 minutes on each side (until golden brown). To prevent the flour from burning in the pan, shake it before you start to fry the tortilla.
- As soon as you remove the huts from the pan, quickly grease them with a piece of butter on both sides.
Eat hitchines with potatoes and cheese hot, when steam is still coming from them - it is so delicious! Serve them with any dish or as a separate snack. And I love to eat them with tomato juice. And I advise you to try it! Please your friends and relatives. Be with us: and we will share many delicious, original, intercontinental step-by-step recipes, according to which you can easily and quickly prepare wonderful dishes at home. Bon appetit with “I like to cook”!