Easy to prepare, a lifesaver in any situation - a warm potato salad. I offer you the classic recipe for this salad today. It is done very easily: they use those products that any housewife always has. Did you have boiled potatoes in the evening? Was a jar of sauerkraut in the fridge? Do not eat the pickles? Then it's time to start cooking potato salads according to classic recipes.
- 200 grams of warm boiled potatoes;
- 200 grams of sauerkraut;
- 1 sweet bell pepper;
- 1 small onion head;
- 1 teaspoon 9% table vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- 100 milliliters of water;
- aromatic vegetable oil;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- parsley or dill greens.
Warm potato salad. Step by step recipe
- Cut a small head of onion into thin half rings, transfer to a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of sugar and 9% table vinegar (according to the recipe), pour 100 milliliters of water (about half a glass). Mix well and leave to marinate. So all bitterness will leave the onion, and it will become tasty, aromatic.
- Finely chop a small bunch of dill or parsley (you can use a mixture of these herbs).
- Cut the boiled peeled potatoes into small cubes.
- Sweet bell pepper (it is better to take red or yellow - the salad will look prettier) cut into thin strips.
- Squeeze out the sauerkraut or pickled cabbage (or throw it in a colander so that the whole juice is stacked).
- You can always see recipes for making unusually tasty and crispy sauerkraut on our site “I like to cook”.
- We put our products in a transparent salad bowl: warm potatoes, sauerkraut or pickled cabbage, bell pepper and pickled onions (drain the water).
- Fill a warm potato salad with aromatic vegetable oil (for this recipe, sunflower aromatic oil or corn oil is wonderful, but by no means olive).
- Salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with herbs. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Such a classic salad can be served as a side dish for meat, or can be used as an independent dish.
- Another great recipe for boiled potato and pickles salad. After all, it often happens that these products remain with dinner. And from them, it turns out, in 5 minutes you can cook a new tasty dish.
- We cut one rather large onion in half rings, put it in a small bowl, slightly add salt and knead it with our hands (so that the onion is divided into feathers). Pour there 4 tablespoons of cucumber pickle, and 1-2 tablespoons of sunflower oil. Add half a teaspoon of regular sand sugar. Mix well and leave to marinate.
- At this time, we ourselves are preparing other ingredients (I will give an approximate amount of products, you cook based on your family).
- Three thin salted or pickled cucumbers are cut into thin rings (of course, it is better to use homemade preservation - it is more useful and less vinegar in it). We shift to a salad bowl.
- Three medium potato tubers (pre-cooked in their skins and peeled) are cut into medium cubes. Sent to the salad bowl.
- We spread pickled onions for vegetables (along with the liquid in which it was pickled).
- Fill with unrefined sunflower oil (adjust the amount to your taste).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In just a few minutes, we prepared several potato salads at once: quick, easy and very tasty. Such salads can be prepared for dinner (they are light), for lunch. A wonderful potato salad will help out when guests are on the doorstep. On the site “I like to cook” you will find even more recipes for fast and delicious dishes from the most affordable products.