This is the fastest and easiest recipe for making jam from watermelon peels. Watermelon peels have a lot of healing properties - this is also an excellent diuretic, they help lower blood pressure, avoid swelling of the legs, perfectly cleanse the body and remove excess salt from it. Jam made from watermelon peels has a low cost, is affordable for everyone, and the taste, I tell you, is more like an expensive marmalade candy.
- Watermelon peels - 1 kilogram;
- sugar 1.5 kilograms;
- lemon - 1 piece.
Step-by-step recipe for watermelon peel jam
- Remove the green edge from the watermelon peels, cut into small cubes.
- Next you need to pour sugar over the watermelon peels and put them in the refrigerator.
- Cut the lemon and peel into thin strips.
- Add lemon to the real watermelon peels and put on a small fire. It is necessary to bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off our crusts and leave to infuse for 4 hours, for further preparation of jam from watermelon peels at home.
- Then put back on a small fire and cook the crust for another 15 minutes.
- When the crusts turn golden, the jam is done.
- We lay it hot in prepared sterilized jars and roll up the lids.
Watermelon peel jam for the winter is very unusual in taste, none of your relatives or guests will guess what it is jam from. It is very similar to apple, but has a more delicate taste and consistency.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!