I found the recipe for these eggplants in the cookbook. I admit honestly, I did not immediately pay attention to them, and even forgot about him. That year, I found this recipe for whole eggplants back in the fill and decided to cook it. My admiration has no limits. The eggplants in the filling turn out so tasty, moderately sharp, and look quite elegant on the festive table. All guests fully appreciated my eggplant. Now I will close them every year.
- Eggplants are the same, small - 12 pieces;
- tomatoes - 1 kilogram;
- sweet pepper - 1 kilogram;
- garlic - 1 head;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- vinegar 9% - 2 teaspoons;
- vegetable oil - 1 cup;
- bay leaf - 4 pieces;
- black pepper peas - 8 pieces.
Step by step eggplant recipe in the fill
- Wash the eggplants and cut off their stalks. Then prick the surface of the fetus in several places with a toothpick.
- Peel the pods of seeds and cut lengthwise into 4 parts, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Place eggplant vertically on the bottom of the pan with the oil, fill the space between them with quarters of pepper, and lay the tomatoes on top. sprinkle vegetables with salt and sugar.
- Place the pot on low heat and heat until steam appears. from the moment steam appears, warm the vegetables for 25 minutes, after which check the eggplant is ready. If they are hard, keep them a little more on fire.
- After that, turn off the heat, let the eggplants infuse a bit and cool, then put them in jars.
- Bring the remaining saucepan to a boil, add chopped garlic and spices, let it boil for 5 minutes, then pour in vinegar and turn off the heat.
- Pour the filling into jars of eggplant, roll up, turn upside down and wrap for self-sterilization.
Serving the eggplants in the filling on the table, cutting them into slices, stripes, or you can serve them whole, decorating with chopped greens. They are in any form very tasty and appetizing.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!