Today I want to share a recipe for a wonderful biscuit with salmon and vegetables: this is such a bright and very tasty open pie, which is prepared without the use of yeast. The highlight of this biscuit is that the dough turns out to be very fragile (similar to puff), crunchy. The filling is filled with sumptuous salmon slices, lots of vegetables and a subtle aroma of oregano. Add here another pesto sauce - and you can feel yourself in a colorful restaurant of beautiful Italy.
For the test:
- butter 82.5% fat (very cold, icy) - 90 grams;
- premium flour - 145 grams;
- white sugar sand - one teaspoon;
- salt - one teaspoon;
- ice water - 50 milliliters.
- salmon fillet - three hundred grams;
- fresh eggplant - one piece;
- zucchini - 1 piece;
- fresh tomatoes - two pieces;
- salt, ground pepper - to your liking;
- dry oregano - a pinch.
For pesto sauce:
- parsley and basil - 60 grams each;
- pine nuts - 40 grams;
- Parmesan (hard cheese) - 70 grams;
- Extra Virgin olive oil - 150 milliliters;
- garlic - one clove;
- ground black pepper, salt - to your liking.
For saffron sauce:
- cream (fat content 22%) - one hundred milliliters;
- saffron - one gram (literally on the tip of a knife);
- water (boiling water) - 10 milliliters;
- salt to taste.
Wonderful biscuit with salmon and vegetables. Step by step recipe
- Cut the butter into small pieces and send it to the freezer for 10-5 minutes, so that it is very cooled.
- Sift flour through a sieve on the table, put chilled butter on top. We start chopping together with a knife so that the butter and flour mix well into crumbs.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Then we begin gradually (one tablespoon each) to add ice water. The secret is that the dough does not need to be kneaded as we always do. And you just need to in the place where the water was dripped, collect the dough in your palm (into a fist), squeeze and release. The right dough should slightly crumble and not be uniform.
- We transfer the dough into a plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator for one hour. To speed up the cooking process, put the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare sauces and fillings of our biscuits with salmon and vegetables.
- Let's start by making a savory pesto sauce. You can cook this delicious sauce very easily and quickly in your kitchen if you put the chopped parsley and basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, salt, ground pepper to your liking into a mortar and grind everything with a pestle into a homogeneous mass.
- Then add Extra Virgin olive oil, grated Parmesan and grind everything again. The sauce is ready.
- Now prepare the saffron sauce. Pour cream into a small stewpan and put on fire. Saffron (literally at the tip of a knife) is filled with very hot water and left for 5 minutes. Then pour the saffron infusion into cream, salt a little and boil over low heat until thickened.
- We cut eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes in circles.
- Half of the salmon fillet is cut into thin strips with a knife, and the other half is cut into small cubes: about 1x1 centimeter.
- We take out the chilled dough and roll it on parchment in a circle, 3-5 mm thick.
- On the bottom of the biscuit we spread the salmon, cut into thin strips, then lay out the vegetables and on top again pieces of fish fillet.
- Then sprinkle with salt, ground pepper and dry oregano to your liking.
- Wrap the edges of the biscuit a little up, transfer it to the baking sheet (along with parchment) and send it to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes. When the dough is well browned, it's time to take out.
A delicious biscuit with vegetables and salmon can be served both warm and cold. Be sure to eat it with pesto or saffron sauce - it is very tasty. I am sure that the magic taste will be appreciated by lovers of salmon and baked vegetables. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.