Zebra sponge cake decorate any tea party and turn it into a holiday. Attractive cut strips and airy biscuit dough make this homemade recipe original and attractive. In order for this baking to really turn out lush, you need to thoroughly beat the eggs until the sugar is completely dissolved. The eggs should almost whiten. In this case, the dough will rise without soda or baking powder, and the biscuit will become airy and soft. To achieve strips in a biscuit, cocoa is placed in one part of the dough, and in step-by-step cooking with a photo of a zebra biscuit, explains in detail how to create such a pattern. Children can also be connected to the preparation of this dessert, this lesson will cause them a lot of positive emotions.
Ingredients for Making Zebra Biscuit
|Chilled eggs||5 pieces|
|Cocoa||3 tbsp. l|
Step by step cooking zebra biscuit with photo
- In the bowl of the mixer or bowl, beat the chilled eggs, start adding a little sugar and beat at high speed until the sugar grains are completely dissolved. This can take from 6-8 minutes. The mass should increase several times and become very magnificent.
- Add the sifted flour and vanilla to the beaten eggs, gently mix with a spoon or whisk of the mixer, not including it.
- Pour half the dough into another container and add cocoa into it, and mix gently, taking care not to damage the air bubbles.
- Lubricate the mold with vegetable oil, pour a little light dough in the center, then a spoonful of dough with cocoa, then again a spoonful of light dough.
- So alternate the dough until it ends.
- It itself will blur in shape, forming a beautiful cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and set the biscuit to bake on the middle wire rack for 40-50 minutes. It’s better not to open the oven.
- Readiness check with a wooden stick. When the biscuit has cooled slightly, it can be removed from the mold.
- If desired, it can be decorated with whipped cream or glaze.
Serve a zebra sponge cake for tea, coffee, or other sweet drinks. Enjoy your meal!