A delicious aromatic broth is considered to be one of the most indispensable dishes in many world cuisines, including Slavic ones. Prepared according to many different recipes, it will always come in handy not only for lunch or dinner, but also perfect for the role of sauce or a drink for toasted croutons. And even any newcomer to the culinary business will be able to figure out how to cook the broth with the first or second practical experience.
At the same time, fresh broth is an integral component in the diet of people with ailments of the digestive system.
- 400 grams of chicken (2 legs, wings or sternum);
- a couple of liters of water;
- of vegetables you will need: 1 carrot, onion, 1 clove of garlic and parsley;
- we will have seasonings: a pair of bay leaves and 5 pieces of allspice.
In total, we get 4 servings of broth from the pan.
Cooking chicken stock. Step by step recipe
- Having prepared the necessary dishes and taking out the ingredients from the refrigerator, it's time to prepare them: peel the carrots, cut it after large slices; wash the bunch of parsley thoroughly, peel the onion and 1-2 cloves of garlic (taking into account your tastes and preferences).
- Particular attention should be paid to chicken: make sure that it is thoroughly washed and does not contain large accumulations of fat (they can be easily removed manually with a knife).
- Next, put everything in a saucepan and pour two liters of cold water. We bring it to a boil and add salt with two pinches of salt (the amount of salt used should total no more than one teaspoon). Then we reduce the fire to a slow level and, stirring, warm up for about 40-50 minutes. Do not forget to remove periodically appearing foam.
- Finally, after this period of time, simply strain the finished fragrant broth and serve it to the table! If necessary, you can store it for several days in the refrigerator or for a month in a frozen state.
Tips for making a delicious broth
- The best chicken for the broth is homemade, in the meat of which there are no chemicals harmful to our body. In the case of a chicken purchased from stores in stores, you need to drain the primary broth: before you start cooking, you need to boil it separately and drain the water. After that, you can start cooking the dish itself.
- Any recipe for the broth involves cooking over medium heat - so that the water with all the ingredients does not boil for a long time, otherwise you run the risk of getting muddy water with hard meat.
- Finally: do not lean on the number of spices - the more there are, the less distinct the taste and aroma of chicken in the broth remains. “I love to cook” wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try making chicken soup and noodle soup.