Dear friends, I want to tell you how to cook Georgian chihirtma soup. Such a delicious soup I first tried on vacation in Georgia. I simply could not bring this wonderful recipe with me, because I became his fan forever. Chihirtma chicken soup is prepared from simple ingredients, and it turns out to be very tasty, hearty and rich. It perfectly diversifies your menu and will become a frequent guest on the table. This is a wonderful alternative to bored soups and a great dinner for the whole family. A step-by-step recipe is attached below. Let's cook it together!
- chicken carcass - one kilogram;
- onions - three pieces;
- one medium-sized carrot;
- one hundred grams of butter;
- corn flour - 1 tablespoon;
- wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- black pepper - a few peas;
- 4 egg yolks;
- salt to your taste;
- saffron (optional) - a teaspoon;
- cilantro - one bunch
Chihirtma. Georgian chihirtma soup. Step by step cooking.
- The first step is to boil the chicken. We take a pan of a suitable size and put in it a whole chicken carcass, previously washed. Pour water to completely cover the chicken.
- Here we also send one peeled onion (whole), peeled carrots (also whole), two bay leaves, a few peas of black pepper, salt to your taste and cook the chicken until cooked. In the process of cooking from the broth periodically need to remove foam.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the carrots, onions, bay leaves in a separate bowl with a slotted spoon. In another bowl, take out the chicken.
- Set the chicken aside, let it cool and separate the finished meat from the bones.
- I will cook Georgian chihirtma chicken soup with saffron, so pour a teaspoon of saffron with a small amount of hot broth. Let him insist. This soup can also be prepared without the use of saffron.
- We put a frying pan on the stove and send butter to it. Add finely chopped onions to the hot oil.
- Fry the onion until transparent with constant stirring, and then add the cornmeal to the pan. Mix well.
- Then gradually (with constant stirring) pour 3 soup ladles into the pan. Mix well again and remove from heat.
- We put a pan with broth on the fire and enter the contents of the pan into it. Mix well and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Separate the yolks from the proteins and send them into a tall bowl. Proteins in this recipe we do not need.
- Also add wine vinegar to the bowl. Whisk the yolks with vinegar.
- Now gradually add two soup ladles of the broth in the bowl to the yolks (stir all the time with a whisk).
- We put the pan with the broth on medium heat and with a thin stream we introduce the mixture obtained into it. Stir the soup with a whisk.
- Bring the soup to a boil and send chicken to it.
- When the soup boils, then turn off the heat. Filter the saffron infusion through a sieve and add finely chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Pour Georgian chihirtma soup into plates and serve.
Enjoy your meal! Serve hot Georgian chihirtma chicken soup. Soup is poured into portioned plates and served with bread cakes or croutons. Be sure to cook chihirtma at home and delight your family and friends with a delicious dinner. The site team “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite. Cook with pleasure!
Video belongs to the channel "At Nadyuha in the kitchen"