Classic borsch includes a lot of vegetables and meat! The meat is taken from ham, this is a necessary condition to achieve the desired taste background. Dressed with greasy sour cream or mayonnaise and has such a rich taste that no other first course can even be compared with it. Each mistress will surely find her own specialty recipe for borsch, but I want to offer you a classic that is brought to perfection.
- ham - 0.5 kilograms;
- white beans - a glass;
- sauerkraut - a glass;
- raw cabbage - 200 grams;
- fat - a tablespoon;
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- tomato - 2-3 pieces;
- carrots - 300 grams;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- vinegar 6-9% - 2 teaspoons.
Classic borsch. Step by step recipe
- Soak the beans for 3-4 hours.
- Prepare the broth from the meat and add the soaked beans there, boiled until half cooked.
- Then cabbage and carrots with onions, stewed in a pan, are added to the boiling broth.
- 15 minutes before the end of cooking add potatoes, sugar and sauerkraut. Add a little melted fat.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the borsch. Can be replaced with tomato paste (2-3 tablespoons).
- At the very end, add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Give borscht infuse for 15 minutes, serve with sour cream.
Tips for cooking delicious classic borsch
- If vinegar is added to the onion right before being added to boiling water, unpleasant nuances of taste will disappear.
- A small addition of flour (a teaspoon) before frying will make the onion more milky.
- To give the ham all its fat and flavor, add 3 peas of black pepper to the water.
- To make borsch thicker, cabbage, shabby on a fine grater, will help.
- If you pour tomato slices with a teaspoon of sugar, after rubbing more moisture with aroma will come out of the thick.
So you have learned the basics of cooking classic borsch. Now your culinary creation will deserve the highest culinary awards. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And we recommend paying attention to recipes for preparing pea soup and green borsch.