In our family, even from my grandmother, a recipe for a delicious cabbage with mushrooms, prepared in the classical way, is stored. This first dish is very rich, slightly sour, with a pleasant taste of porcini mushrooms and sauerkraut. It is seasoned with traditional spices of Ukrainian national cuisine.
- pork ribs - 300 grams;
- water - 2 liters;
- dried porcini mushrooms - 100 grams;
- potatoes - 3-4 tubers;
- onions - 1 piece;
- sauerkraut - 150 grams;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- carrots - 1 piece.
Delicious cabbage with mushrooms. Step by step recipe
- We thoroughly rinse the pork ribs under running water, cut into portions and periodically change the water. Fill with cold water and set to cook, removing the foam. Reduce the fire to a minimum, open the lid and cook for about an hour.
- Tip. For cooking delicious Ukrainian cabbage with cabbage and mushrooms, it is better to choose pork or beef: you can also use fat goose meat - but you should not cook this dish from diet chicken meat.
- White dried mushrooms are washed and soaked separately in cold water. We put on the fire and boil for 15 minutes.
- Wash the potato, peel and cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Peel the onions and cut into small cubes.
- We take sauerkraut from the can. Harvesting should be done in advance, so that before the preparation of the cabbage, the cabbage is well fermented.
- Tip. If the sauerkraut is peroxide, it should be washed in running water and drained. Cabbage can be sweetened a little.
- We transfer the potatoes with onions to the meat broth.
- Tip. Onion can be a little sautéed in a roast, or you can send it right away to cook.
- We rub the washed and peeled carrots on a grater with large holes and passer in vegetable oil.
- Cut boiled and chilled mushrooms into strips. We send to fry with carrots.
- When the potatoes are cooked in a meat broth from pork ribs, add sauerkraut. The amount of cabbage should be such that the cabbage is not too thin, but also not very thick.
- Tip. You should not put sour cabbage in the broth in front of the potatoes, since the acid will not allow the potatoes to boil, and it will remain solid.
- Tip. You can also put half a glass of millet groats in the cabbage: this will make the dish thicker and more rich.
- When they introduced cabbage into the broth, and it boiled a little, you need to salt the dish. Add bay leaf and can be seasoned with pepper: either peas or ground black.
- Tip. It is better to bring the cabbage to taste, when all the ingredients have already been slightly boiled, because sauerkraut will give additional acid and salt.
- Since cabbage is a Ukrainian dish, you can put dried dill leaves or whole dill inflorescences connected with a thread as a seasoning for it: so as not to disperse throughout the pan.
Aromatic tasty dish - cabbage with mushrooms and sauerkraut served hot, with sour cream. What other types of cabbage exist and recipes for its preparation, you can find out on our site “I like to cook”.