I do not know a single person who can refuse a delicious home-made borsch. And even more so from real Ukrainian borsch. And if you think that cooking home-made borsch is very easy and simple, then you are mistaken. Of course, every housewife will be able to cook it, but the recipe for delicious home-made borsch is kept secret and is inherited. But today I will reveal my secret and share the recipe for Ukrainian borsch. A video under the recipe will help you cook a delicious home-made borsch.
- pork ribs - 0.5 kg;
- fresh lard - 100 grams;
- beef - 0.5 kg;
- beans - 200 grams;
- beef sugar ridge - 1 piece;
- onions - 2 pieces;
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- beets - 2 pieces;
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- sweet pepper - 1 piece;
- cabbage - half a small head of cabbage;
- salt - 3 tablespoons;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- vinegar - 1 tablespoon;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- black pepper peas - 1 teaspoon;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- dill - 1 bunch.
Delicious homemade borsch. Step by step recipe
- We start cooking borsch with soaking beans. This is best done overnight, but if you don’t have too much time, let her stand for at least a few hours. Red beans are best suited for borsch, but if you don’t have one, you can use any. And so, pour the beans with boiling water so that it covers the beans 4 cm higher.
- In the pan of large volume, lay the washed meat: ribs, beef and beef ridge. Lay the whole meat, without cutting it into small pieces, then the borscht will turn out tastier.
- We clean one carrot and one onion, wash it and put it in a pan with meat. Neither rub nor cut vegetables. Next, add bay leaf and peppercorns.
- In a saucepan with meat, pour out our swollen beans and pour water.
- As soon as our broth boils, use a slotted spoon to remove the foam that has formed on our surface. And at the same moment, salt the broth, about two tablespoons.
- Reduce the heat to medium and leave the broth to cook until the meat and beans are cooked, under a closed lid.
- We get the cooked meat from the broth. Throw the carrots and onions, and leave the beans in a pan.
- Separate the meat from the bones and cut it into large pieces. We send it back to the broth, to the beans.
- We clean the beets, wash them and cut them into thin strips.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the pan, let it boil and add a teaspoon of salt and the same amount of sugar. Pour in the vinegar.
- Dip the beets in oil and simmer it over low heat until cooked.
- Peel the onion and cut into two parts. We divide one part into three more and shred in half rings.
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut them in quarters, you can just rub it on a grater.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the second pan and stew the carrots and onions in it. Salt a little bit.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut it into cubes or straws, as you like. If you like thick borsch, then put all four potatoes in it, and if less often, then two potatoes will be enough.
- Thinly chop the cabbage, cut the sweet pepper into cubes.
- We put the pot of meat on the fire again. If you think that the broth is not enough, then you can add a little boiling water.
- As soon as the broth boils again, salt it and add the cabbage with bell pepper.
- Then we pour the potatoes into the broth and cook the borsch until the potatoes are ready, 10-15 minutes.
- Pass the garlic through a garlic squeezer, transfer it to a wooden mortar.
- Dill finely chopped and send it after the garlic.
- Pass fat through a meat grinder or finely chop with a knife.
- We combine lard, garlic and greens in a wooden mortar, grind them with a pestle.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the stewed beets and carrots to the pan with borsch.
- Mix the contents of the pan well, let it boil for exactly two minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let’s borscht under the closed lid for 15-20 minutes.
Delicious homemade borscht is ready, it can be served at the table. Do you feel these divine aromas? Well, I really want to try Ukrainian home-made borscht. Pour it into a plate, do not forget to scoop up more meat, add sour cream, a spoon or two, as you like. And on top of sour cream, add a spoonful of fat with garlic. Wow, how delicious! Be sure to check out the Very Delicious website; you will find there not only borscht recipes, but many other first course recipes. Enjoy your meal!
Video and photo belongs to Olga Matvey