A delicious lamb khashlama is not a dream, but a reality. The origins of the dish go back to oriental cuisine. Today, there is a wide variety of international variations of the preparation of hashlama. As for me, it is the Turkish recipe that combines the rich taste and aromatic broth. So let me tell you how to quickly cook hashlama.
- lamb bones with meat - 1 kilogram;
- 1 large carrot (or two medium);
- one middle onion head;
- potatoes - 1 kilogram;
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste);
- 1 cup chickpea (pea);
- bay leaf - a few leaves.
Turkish lamb khashlama. Step by step recipe
- Lamb khashlama at home is prepared very simply. Before you start cooking hashlama, take the chickpeas and fill it with water to insist.
- After that, put the lamb in a saucepan and fill it with water: approximately, in a ratio of 1 to 3.
- We put it on medium heat, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. After that, remove the resulting foam and continue to boil for another three hours to get a rich rich broth.
- After this time, pour the soaked chickpeas into a saucepan and stir so that it does not start to burn. Cook it until almost ready.
- At this time, we will start working with carrots. We clean it from the skin, rinse thoroughly and cut into large circles: about 1.5 centimeters wide. Pour the carrot washers into the broth and mix.
- Now peel the potatoes, rinse it. After we cut into large pieces: if the potato is medium-sized, then divide it into 4 parts. Then we send after the carrots and mix.
- Take the onion, peel it. If you do not like it very much, then cut it in half, throw it into water, boil it and carefully remove it. Thus, khashlama will receive the necessary taste and aroma. Or do it like me: just cut the onion in not too small pieces and send to the broth. It is very boiled, so it is not much felt.
- After that, cook for another half hour, and add salt to the broth. Then season everything with black ground pepper and mix lightly.
- Add a few leaves of bay leaf, cook for a few more minutes. Vegetables according to the recipe of khashlama from lamb meat should not just be boiled, but be boiled and give a certain color and turbidity to the broth.
- Khashlama is ready: pour into bowls and serve.
Hashlama cooking tips.
- For this Turkish recipe, you must definitely use lamb meat. Many try to replace it with pork or beef, as they are afraid for a specific smell. However, according to this technology, lamb will have a fragrant smell of spices: therefore, you can not worry.
- The meat must be divided into large pieces and put in a saucepan with the fattest side to the bottom. Then the fat will be released more intensively.
- The meat should boil over low heat, and then you need to remove the lid and cook for a few more hours.
Very fragrant and rich soup will appeal to your whole family. Serve it hot, in a beautiful bowl. Instead of bread, it is better to serve national baked goods: pita bread or tortilla. By the way, their recipes you can find on the site "I like to cook." Enjoy your meal!