My family doesn’t really like soups, but everyone enjoys a delicious pickle with barley on fragrant beef broth. And all because the classic pickle according to this recipe is incredibly satisfying, rich and very tasty. The traditional Russian dish has been known for many centuries, appreciated not only for its benefits, but also for its unique taste. Indeed, in no other dish do you combine so harmoniously soft sweet taste with a pleasant tonic acidity, which is given to the soup by pickled cucumbers.
- 500 grams of beef on the bone;
- 400 grams of potatoes;
- 150 milliliters of cucumber pickle;
- 1 carrot;
- one onion head;
- 70 grams of pearl barley;
- 200 grams of pickled cucumbers;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- 3 bay leaves;
- spices to taste (I used hops-suneli - 0.3 teaspoons);
- 3-4 liters of water.
The products are based on a pot with a capacity of 4-5 liters.
Delicious pickle with pearl barley. Step by step recipe
- I have a pot with a capacity of 4 liters, so I pour three liters of water into it, dip the meat (beef on the bone). Cook the meat from the moment of boiling for one hour, over medium heat. Do not forget to descale so that the broth is transparent and beautiful.
- Carefully wash the pearl barley, pour boiling water and leave to swell.
- When the meat boils, remove the scum and at this moment we salt the broth.
- We take out the finished meat from the broth, filter the broth, pour it back into the pan and put the pearl barley into it (pour the water in which it was soaked).
- Cut the meat into small pieces and transfer back to the broth. Add water, if necessary, and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Wash my potatoes, peel them, cut into strips.
- Rubbed and washed carrots on a coarse grater.
- Chopped peeled onions as small as possible, and pickled cucumbers with medium cubes.
- After the barley is soft, put the potatoes in a pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Do the frying. Pour two tablespoons of vegetable oil into the pan, heat it and put onions. Stew for two minutes, put the carrots in the pan. One minute after the carrots, put the cucumbers in the pan. Add a couple of soup ladles from the pan and simmer vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Then add two tablespoons of tomato paste, mix and immediately send to the soup.
- Add salt to taste, pour cucumber pickle, add all the spices, mix. Cook for another 10-15 minutes until tender.
We serve a rich pickle with sour cream, sprinkled with fresh herbs, if desired. Based on the classic recipe, the Russian people have a whole class of pickles: meat and fish broth, lean soups, soups with barley, rice, mushrooms and various herbs. On the site "Very tasty" you can see other recipes for soups based on the classic pickle.