When it’s cold and damp outside, I prepare for my family a very delicious bean soup with smoked meats. Its aroma quickly disperses around the house, inviting relatives to dinner: after all, they are waiting for a tasty, satisfying, slightly spicy bean soup - with a pleasant aftertaste of smoked sausages. After the first spoon of eaters, you won’t be pulled from the bean soup by the ears.
- white beans — 1 cup;
- water — 2 liters;
- smoked sausage - 100 grams;
- smoked sternum - 150 grams;
- onions - 1 piece;
- tomato paste or sauce - 2 tablespoons;
- sweet dried paprika - 2 teaspoons;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- flour - 0.5 teaspoon;
- carrots - 1 piece.
Delicious bean soup with smoked meats. Step by step recipe
- We sort out white large beans, thoroughly wash and fill with cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Tip. For bean soup, you can use both white and red beans. But white beans are sweeter and larger, so for me it is better.
- When the beans get wet, it absorbs water, fill it with two liters of water and set to cook. You do not need to salt the beans at the beginning of cooking. We bring the beans to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and continue cooking over moderate heat: about 1.5 hours.
- Tip. Beans, like all legumes, are boiled for a long time. As well as chickpeas and peas, salt beans can only be at the end of cooking. Unlike peas, you should not put soda in beans, because the process will not accelerate, but the taste can change.
- While the beans are being cooked for soup, we proceed to prepare the frying. We peel the onions from the husks and cut into small cubes.
- Strain the onions in a well-heated pan with vegetable oil. You can use any frying oil: sunflower, olive or corn.
- Wash and peel medium-sized carrots. Grate with large holes and send to fry to the onion, which has already become transparent.
- Cooking over medium heat until the onion is golden brown.
- Smoked sausage cut into small washers. To prepare bean soup, you can use hunting sausages.
- Smoked pork sternum is also cut into small cubes. It is meat and sausage that will give our soup a pleasant smoked taste.
- We send the smoked meats to the roast and keep it a little over low heat.
- Add a couple tablespoons of tomato paste.
- We season bean soup with smoked meats with dried red paprika powder, black ground pepper.
- Sprinkle flour with vegetables and smoked meat.
- Tip. Flour for soup needs to be used very little: it should thicken the soup. But the flour should not be introduced into the broth, but rather into the frying.
- You can put several bay leaves in the soup: they will give the soup a pleasant taste and aroma of spices.
- When the beans are cooked, transfer the frying into the broth from the beans. A few more minutes you need to boil bean soup with smoked meats and salt to taste.
- Ready soup can be sprinkled with finely chopped herbs.
Serve such a wonderful soup hot. If desired, you can put sour cream.
If you still have boiled beans, I suggest you cook wonderful bean cutlets.
- To do this, knead soft beans with a blender until mashed this paste.
- Cut the peeled onions into small cubes and pass in oil until golden brown. We shift the fried onions in mashed beans, add black ground pepper.
- Tip. In order for the pepper taste to be felt intensely, the peas of black pepper need to be slightly warmed up in a pan and rubbed with a rolling pin while still warm: then the taste of pepper will open much more.
- In minced beans, you need to add one clove of garlic squeezed through a press, salt and mix well.
- Wet palms form small cutlets. Bread them in small breadcrumbs and fry in vegetable oil until tender. Sauté fried bean patties with a paper towel and serve.
Also, from beans you can cook a delicious and satisfying salad.
- For salad, beans need to choose red: you can use canned beans or boiled. The main thing is that the beans are whole, not boiled.
- We spread one hundred grams of beans in a salad bowl, add the same amount of ham cut into small cubes.
- Half the onions are cut into small cubes.
- Add red sweet bell pepper here: approximately one large pepper (you need to cut into cubes).
- In a salad bowl to the remaining components, pour 4-5 tablespoons of canned corn.
- Bean salad is well salted, seasoned with ground pepper. We season our salad with mayonnaise and ketchup: in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Mix all the ingredients and sprinkle with fresh parsley on top.
With the help of our site “I love to cook,” you can cook any dish from simple products that will certainly appeal to your family and friends.