Summer, light, delicious tomato soup with garlic and rice is a wonderful dish of the spring-summer diet. Fragrant spices give an incredible shade to our dish, and baked garlic gives the soup a certain piquancy. A little sour tomato soup, something similar to the Spanish "Gazpacho".
- tomatoes - 3 pieces;
- onions - 0.5 pieces;
- garlic - 1 head;
- salt to taste;
- coriander - to taste;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- dried basil - 2 \ 3 teaspoons;
- rice - 150 grams;
- oregano - 1 teaspoon;
- water - 700 milliliters.
Delicious tomato soup. Step by step recipe
- The washed rice is poured with boiling water and set on a fire to cook. Water should cover the rice one centimeter. Cook rice until cooked over moderate heat.
- Tip. Rice for the preparation of soup from tomato and garlic is better to choose round-grain. Salt water for rice is not necessary.
- In foil we wrap a few tomatoes and a head of garlic (along with the husk). Tomatoes for soup need to be washed, but not peeled, in order to maintain the integrity of the vegetable: otherwise all juices will leak. Vegetables may not be wrapped, but it will be faster because the foil holds the temperature.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 220 degrees Celsius, approximately 40 minutes.
- We peel the onions from the husks, wash them and cut them into small cubes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a stewpan and heat it well.
- Tip. For frying and deep-frying it is better to use refined vegetable oil: it does not smoke, does not foam, and does not have foreign smells. But for salads it is better to use unrefined oil, which has a pronounced smell.
- We send the onions to the oil and pass for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel baked tomatoes for tomato soup. Garlic also easily leaves the husk. You can simply squeeze it out and it will come out easily.
- Pour the fried onions with hot water. We send peeled tomatoes and garlic to the onion without chopping them.
- We season our tomato garlic soup with dried aromatic herbs: oregano, basil, coriander. Salt the soup to taste.
- The soup should boil for several minutes, then grind it with a blender to a homogeneous consistency.
- In a tureen or deep bowl, we spread a couple of tablespoons of boiled rice and pour garlic and tomato broth from vegetables from spices.
- Sprinkle our wonderful tomato soup with fresh herbs: for example, chopped parsley, basil and cilantro are also good here.
- In the hot summer season, you want to eat something light and cool. I propose to cook a tomato soup, which is served cold. For it, 4 ripe fleshy tomatoes need to be blanched: that is, peel them. How to properly make the blanching process, look at our site "I like to cook." Peeled tomatoes are cut into pieces and interrupted in a blender.
- We also grind one and a half large sweet bell peppers, previously washed and peeled from seeds and stalks.
- Half the onions and two garlic cloves are also ground in a blender.
- Pour tomato soup into a deep container: for example, a saucepan - and season with three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We take two round, small-sized breads: better made from white flour. Cut off the top of the bread and take out the crumb. We crumble it and send it on a baking sheet to the oven so that the bread dries up.
- We interrupt the crumbs of white bread in a blender and send to tomato liquid. The crumbs will make the soup thick, so you need to watch so that the soup does not turn into porridge.
- We season the tomato and garlic soup with salt, dried basil, black pepper. Mix everything, and before serving, pour the soup into plates of bread. You can eat directly with bread bowls.
- You can cook another wonderful tomato soup with cream. For it, you need to boil potatoes diced in salted water: the potatoes should be completely boiled. We take out the potatoes and knead in mashed potatoes. In the oven, bake as in the first recipe, tomatoes and garlic. You can also add one sweet Bulgarian pepper. When the tomatoes are baked, peel and also interrupt in a blender, along with peeled garlic.
- Tomato and mashed potatoes are mixed and diluted with warm cream (200 milliliters), if the mixture is too thick, you can add a little decoction of potatoes.
- We season the soup with vegetable oil, salt, pepper and add finely chopped basil: and bring everything to a boil again.
- We serve tomato soup with cream in hot form: this soup is more tender than the first, because cream gives softness to the taste. And satiety - mashed potatoes.
With our “I love to cook” website, each of your dishes will be unsurpassed, unique and very tasty. Cook with us: please your loved ones with their culinary skills.