Georgian chihirtma soup is a national thick first course in meat broth. It has several features: vegetables and cereals are not added here (as a basis), a thickener is cornmeal, there is an addition of whipped yolks, which give a creamy yellow color. They begin to cook chihirtma with chicken broth, less often with lamb. This soup has Persian roots, from where it spread throughout the world. In Georgian families, chihirtma recipe and cooking secrets are inherited. The dish is very nutritious and has a calming effect on the stomach irritated by drinking alcohol or overeating due to the sour taste.
How to cook chihirtma in Georgian?
- bird: chicken or turkey - 750 grams;
- fresh greens of cilantro, parsley, dill, green onions - 100-150 grams;
- egg yolk - 1 piece;
- lemon juice - half a glass;
- cornmeal - two tablespoon;
- a mixture of peppers peas - 10 pieces;
- salt to taste;
- Lavrushka - 3 leaves.
Georgian chikhirtma. Step by step recipe
- Wash the bird, dry it, cut it into medium pieces. Fill with 2 liters of water, cook for an hour, adding peas of pepper and bay leaf. Be sure to remove the foam to get rid of bitterness.
- After the broth is cooked, filter it, taking out the meat, remove the skin and bones from it, you need to cut the meat very, very finely.
- Fry the meat in a pan, salt. For frying, you can take both sunflower oil and the fat formed by the film on the broth.
- For flour dressing, fill the flour with a half glass of broth, mix thoroughly until the lumps completely disappear.
- Grind with a wide flat knife a mixture of fresh herbs to the consistency of crumbs.
- Combine the flour dressing in the pan with the rest of the broth, add the greens and cook for five minutes.
- Beat the lemon juice with the egg until bubbles appear, stir in the warm (cooled) broth, pour the egg-lemon dressing into the broth, cook for another five minutes on low heat, do not bring to a boil.
- To serve, spread the poultry meat in the center of the plate, then pour the broth.
- You can decorate the dish by sprinkling with coarsely chopped greens and a slice of lemon, and the chihirtma is ready in Georgian!
Tips for cooking chikhirtmu tastefully
Georgian Chihirtma, despite the apparent complexity and overall cooking time, is a dish that can be cooked right right the first time. To do this, just follow a few rules.
- Do not boil the soup when you have already added egg-sour dressing to it, otherwise the yolk will curl and white flakes will appear on the surface of your soup, looking like pieces of fat, which will not be entirely appetizing.
- Do not add flour to a boiling broth, but in general to a common pot, otherwise lumps will go. To avoid this outcome, stir the flour in a separate bowl with a small amount of warm broth.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can add vinegar.
- Citric acid is added to prevent egg clotting in the soup.
- No cornmeal - add wheat flour.
- Can't cook? Internet requests “Chihirtma in Georgian Recipe”, “Chihiirtma Recipe with Photo” will save you.
This dish is very tasty and satisfying, so it will feed unexpected guests for five plus! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! We recommend that you pay attention to the preparation of Thai soup and garlic soup.