For lovers of Russian borsch (foreigners call it a compote of vegetables) I want to offer this recipe: lean borsch with beans. The dish of vegetarian cuisine, incredible tasty and aromatic, is suitable for those who observe the fast. Lean vegetarian borscht consists only of vegetables that are rich in vitamins, and just a find for winter and spring time - with it you will not face any vitamin deficiency. It is easy to cook, borsch is cooked quickly (which allows you to save all the vitamins). Borsch, thanks to the beans, turns out to be very rich and satisfying, therefore, it not only saturates well, but also energizes for the whole day. So let's get started.
- one carrot (approximately 150 grams);
- 1 medium-sized beet;
- one onion;
- one glass of beans (you can use both red and white);
- 5 medium sized potatoes;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- one tablespoon of tomato paste;
- one tablespoon of a dried mixture of provence herbs;
- one tablespoon of dried parsley;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 2 tablespoons of dried vegetables (you can use the ready-made mixture for frying);
- 3-5 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Tasty veggie borsch with beans. Step by step recipe
- We take a full glass of large red beans (I like it more, but you can also use white), pour cold or warm water so that it covers the beans for about 3 centimeters, and leave it overnight. The next day, drain the water, pour it over in a new pan, and cook for 40 minutes after boiling (over low heat).
- We cut the potatoes into strips (like french fries) or, as you are more familiar with, chop the beets with very thin straws (I rub on the grater, I do not like large pieces of beets in the soup).
- Also very finely chop the onion and carrot.
- After an incident of 40 minutes, we send potatoes to the pot with boiled beans and leave for another 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan with heated vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil), put the chopped onion and fry for one minute over high heat. Add the carrots in the pan to the onion and fry the same amount.
- We send the beets to the vegetables in the pan, add a little salt and 2 tablespoons of water, reduce the heat to a minimum and continue cooking under the lid for five minutes.
- Put tomato paste and stewed vegetables in a saucepan. Salt to taste, add a mixture of Provencal herbs, dried parsley (or dill), a mixture of dry vegetables (for flavor) and black pepper - peas or allspice. Stir, cover the saucepan and continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Shred the cabbage very thinly, chop the garlic, and send it all to the pan for another two minutes (cook under the lid).
Serve perfectly delicious borsch with beans, sprinkled with herbs. Fragrant, unusually tasty vegetarian borscht is suitable for those who observe the fast. Lean borsch with beans turns out to be very satisfying, vitamin - it will not only saturate, but also energize. I love cooking website is pleased to offer you many more recipes for lean and vegetarian dishes. Welcome!!! And be sure to try tomato soup with rice and garlic and lean gazpacho soup.