Today I would like to tell you how to cook a fragrant, warming and hearty soup with meatballs and potatoes, which is ideal for an autumn or winter menu. Let it be lean, but very tasty, nutritious and healthy. After trying it, you will fall in love with the first spoon in its unique taste, and also with pleasure you will delight all your loved ones.
- bean culture, in my case lentils - half a cup (the night before cooking it needs to be soaked);
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- potatoes - 2 pieces;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- parsley, celery root, turnips and other vegetables - to your taste;
- frying oil;
- spices and seasonings to taste - I have coriander, cloves, black and allspice, cardamom, bay leaf, parsley and garlic.
Soup with meatballs and potatoes. Step by step recipe
So, the night before cooking, you need to take lentils, pour it into a blender bowl or other container and soak. Now let's move on to the preparation itself.
- We take the onion and cut it into medium slices, after which we put it in the bowl with our lentils. You also need to add spices. Usually we can get along with salt and black pepper, but today we’ll add something more interesting.
- We mix all the cooked spices according to the recipe, grind them and pour into our bowl.
By the way, for those who do not know what it means to soak legumes - you just need to pour half a glass of water overnight and during the night it will all double in size. Then we drain the water, rinse - and, in fact, everything is ready.
- Then you need to grind everything in a blender: in order to grind everything easier, you can add 50 grams of water.
- In the end: we should get a soft and juicy enough minced meat from lentils.
Now let's move on to frying meatballs.
- We take a small saucepan, pour oil (a layer of about a centimeter 2-3) and heat over medium heat, spread our meatballs with a teaspoon.
Tip: do not make the meatballs very large, because in the soup they will increase slightly in size.
In the process of frying meatballs, to save time, we start cooking soup. In our case, it will be a simple vegetable broth.
- We put boil water and start chopping vegetables. After boiling water, chopped vegetables carefully dipped in water, salt and cook over low heat.
Tip: to make the soup even tastier, it is very good to add green stalks to it. To do this, you can take parsley, bay leaves and two cloves of garlic. And all this can be tied with a thread, so that then you can easily and quickly get it.
- When we fry the meatballs and cook the broth, you can get the greens out of the pot and put the meatballs in the soup itself.
As an option: if you like crispy meatballs, you can put them on a plate right when serving, then they will not have time to swell in water.
- That's it, now we bring our soup with lentils and potatoes to a boil for the final time, turn it off and insist it under the lid for another 10-15 minutes before serving. And by the way: our soup will not turn out to be very fatty, as you might think. Despite the fact that meatballs are fried in large quantities of oil, they do not absorb it. If your oil is well heated, then only the top layer is fried.
I would also like to mention that on the second to our dish, “lean potato patties with mushrooms” are well suited. Such an appetizing dish is perfect as an appetizer to soup with lentils and potatoes. They are prepared quite quickly and simply. Therefore, I will tell you briefly how to make them.
So, what do we need: mashed potatoes - 500 grams, vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons, salt - 1 teaspoon, mushrooms - 200 grams, breadcrumbs - 3 tablespoons, onions - 1 piece.
- We prepare all the necessary ingredients. Peel the potatoes and begin to boil until it is ready. Then mash it in mashed potatoes.
- Mushrooms are also peeled and cut into small cubes, well-fried in vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion and send to the mushrooms.
- We return to the potato: we prepare mashed flat cakes, making them small. In the center we put a little ready-made mushroom filling. Next, we form a cake from the cake, breading in breadcrumbs and fry in vegetable oil.
- Serve the prepared appetizer with lentil soup.
Our delicious vegetarian lunch is ready. It turned out fragrant, mouth-watering and pleases the whole family. Continue cooking with me and “I love to cook”: your family and friends will always be deliciously fed.