In central Russia, it was customary to cook pickle with pearl barley, the recipe of which was based on many different ingredients. The most common option was a dish cooked on beef broth. I tried a lot of pickle, but this is how my grandmother cooked it, it can not be compared with any other recipe. Be sure to try it, even if you did not like pickle before, now it will become your favorite first dish.
- steam beef - 200 grams;
- large potatoes - 3 pieces;
- pearl barley - 150 grams;
- onion head;
- pickled cucumbers - 2 pieces;
- egg - 1 piece;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- sour cream.
Pickle with pearl barley. Step by step recipe
- Peel and chop raw vegetables.
- Remove peel from cucumbers, cut into slices.
- Cook pearl barley to a state of medium readiness.
- In a boiling beef broth, drop the potatoes with barley. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stew carrots and onions, combine with the broth.
- Drain the cucumbers separately in a pan, adding a little brine from a jar and chopped garlic.
- 2 minutes before cooking, add cucumbers, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of sour cream.
- Let the pickle stand for 15-20 minutes and serve on the table, adding the chopped egg, sour cream and herbs.
The step-by-step preparation of pickle at home can be considered a real art of cooking. It is hearty and pleasant to taste, at the same time it suits any everyday lunch and even a festive table. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try recipes for 4 delicious winter soups and TOP-3 delicious soups that will warm you in the winter.