Red bean chorba soup is an unusual name for Bulgarian soup. And the taste is even more interesting than the name! This red soup is just a wonderful find for your table: after all, ordinary borscht and soups have long become boring. Soup with beans turns out to be very tasty, satisfying, and different spices give bob-chorba a special note of the east, which will not leave indifferent fans of the original cuisine. Such a soup can be prepared not only for a family dinner, but also for a real holiday dinner. Surprise yourself and your family, rather go to the kitchen!
- beans - 500 grams;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- onions - 2 pieces;
- tomatoes - 2 pieces;
- celery root - 50 grams;
- bell pepper - 1 piece;
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- salt to taste;
- black pepper to taste;
- dry mint - 1 tablespoon;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces.
Red bean chorb bean soup. Step by step recipe
- Take the beans: we need 500 grams. Soak the beans for the night in cold water so that it swells.
- Tip. It is possible, in rare cases, to replace raw beans with canned ones.
- The next step is to chop the vegetables into small cubes: cut onions, carrots and celery.
- We will cook the soup in a large pan: it’s more convenient than in a saucepan. We take a large frying pan, put it on the stove, pour vegetable oil. Add vegetables to the pan: onions, carrots, celery - and fry on low heat for 7 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and finely chopped tomatoes to the pan, mix everything and continue simmering over low heat for another 3 minutes.
- So the time has come for our beans. Beans are added to all vegetables in a pan, add 1.5 cups of cold water. Continue to cook over medium heat under a lid, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to taste to our broth, black ground pepper, one tablespoon of dried mint and finely chopped garlic. Mix everything and continue cooking for 40 minutes: until the beans are ready.
So we got a wonderful Bulgarian red bean-chorb bean soup. Its aroma is simply delightful: from one smell “saliva flows in a stream”, not to mention the rich taste. Red soup turns out very, very tasty! I'm sure your family will really like it. You will find many other delicious recipes on our site "I like to cook." Bon appetit and have a nice day!